Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE: EXCELLENT CONDITION 2008 VORTECH SUPERCHARGED, BLACK/BLACK JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE. FULLY OPTIONED. OWNED SINCE NEW. ALL STOCK EXCEPT FOR VORTECH SUPERCHARGER KIT INSTALLED WITH CREATIVITY ( MADE THE INSTALL CLEANER THAN VORTECH'S INSTRUCTIONS) AND PRECISION BY MASTER TECHNICIAN AND SAVANT RAY SHANK FROM UNIVERSITY DODGE. VORTECH SUPPLIED CALIBRATION REFINED BY JOHAN WHO WAS THE HEAD PROGRAMMER RESEARCHER AT DIABLO AT THE TIME. JOHAN RODE IN THE VEHICLE WITH HIS LAP TOP FOR AN HOUR THROUGH MANY PERFORMANCE SCENARIOS WHILE CALIBRATING ( NOT JUST A "DYNO TUNE"). THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN METICULOUSLY AND OBSESSIVELY MAINTAINED. ( JUST ASK MARK LESLIE, PRESIDENT OF THE FLORIDA MOPAR CONNECTION . HE HAS KNOWN THE CAR SINCE I BOUGHT IT NEW AND KNOWS IT WELL.) THIS CAR IS A CLASSIC.

NUMBERS OF INTEREST:

489 ALL WHEEL HP/610HP AT THE CRANKSHAFT.
ONLY RUN ONCE AT PBIR TO TEST QUARTER MILE RESULT AND ONCE AT STANDING MILE EVENT TO TEST STANDING MILE RESULT. ON 80 DEGREE/80 % HUMIDITY DAY, IT DID 12.13 SECONDS AT 111.67 MPH AT PBIR AFTER TWO PRIOR BACK TO BACK RUNS. THE 60 FOOT TIME WAS 1.74. ON 60 DEGREE DAY, IT DID 159.52 IN THE STANDING MILE AT DADE-COLLIER AIRPORT.
MILEAGE: 68,752.
PRICE: OFFERED AT $32,500. I WILL NOT LET ANYONE TEST DRIVE IT. MY INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER TEST DRIVES. I WILL GIVE A RIDE TO A QUALIFIED BUYER. NO TEENAGERS NEED INQUIRE PLEASE. THE CAR IS TOO FAST TO ALLOW A TEENAGER TO OWN IT OR DRIVE IT. PAYMENT BY CERTIFIED CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER ONLY.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have to look up how many miles it’s been since it was installed but I think that it was installed after about 21,000 miles on the odometer. The vehicle has always been maintained by University Dodge in Davie, Florida or Dadeland Dodge in Miami. University Dodge is where Ray Shank worked and where the supercharger system was installed. That is also where Mark Leslie was the service manager and he is now the service director at a sister dealership. Original tranny with no problems whatsoever. The key is not to power brake it beyond 1500 RPM and to be religious about changing the fluids. ( Those who blew out their transfer cases generally were power breaking at high RPMs like 5000 RPM. Being a gearhead since I’m 11 years old ( 63 years ago), I knew that made no sense whatsoever and never did it.) I would not drive it across the country just because I would not want to put that many miles on it and expose it to the elements on the interstate freeways. My recommendation would be to have the vehicle picked up and delivered by a carrier.

By the way, the vehicle will come with the Diablo predator tuner. It has the calibration Johan created on it.

You might wish to know why I’m selling it now. After I got my Trackhawk in 2019, I intended to sell it but it’s one of my four high performance babies and I couldn’t bring myself to do that until now. It is better looking and more distinctive than my Trackhawk which looks like Batman‘s SUV and many of whose design features are available on lesser grand Cherokees. It is also 573 pounds lighter than the Trackhawk. When I drive the SRT8 people always ask whether it’s appearance is custom. When I tell them the dual exhaust, the wheels, and the chrome are factory, they are surprised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts