Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So i have always loved multiple looks of the same car- just like women, they come in different shapes and sizes, but are still amazing.

For example, I love the look of the SRT ALL blacked out (black rims, black trims, tinted windows, etc.) and I have also loved the look of the Chrome molding and chrome rims (maybe with black inserts, yadda yadda.)

Ever since I was a kid I always thought about this concept- WHAT IF.......

you did both to your whip??

Its not like you can see both sides of your car at the same time anyway. So what if on the driver's side I blacked everything out and on the passenger side kept it chrome.

It'd be like having two bad ass SRTs in one!?!?! lol

You see me comin in chrome and leaving in black. Both sides would be uniquely different but equally amazing.

Does this make sense?

What do you think? Obviously its different, but both sides would look awesome independently.....

:thinkerg:

·
Administrator
5,855 Posts
I won't go so far as to say "stupid", but "genius" isn't what I'm feeling either. How about "nope, don't do it"?

Bernie

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've seen ricer cars with different rims on one side than the other. Looks terrible IMO.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
is that emoticon a hint as to what youve been doing a lot of today? id buy a second srt to have two versions before doing a two faced look alike on my jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I'll give you props for thinking way the hell outside the box but I'm with Bernie...this IMO should be a no go. Maybe buy two beasts and get after it.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
hahahah you serious , wouldn't call it anything but to pick one or the other ..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the first thing I would think is the car was in an accident and you just havent had a chance to get it all painted to match.

Im going to have to agree here, definitely wouldn't do it.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
yeah, i would advise against this. maybe photoshop your idea first before putting your plan in motion.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya. I really had no intention on doing it because I was still unsure about the whole idea. I agree that it'd look like SRT8_UR said- in an accident and yet to be brought back to life. As for those who said to buy another beast and mod it like that- you must be rollin in dough..

cant afford that-

was just curious to get opinions on my crazy ideas-

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have to agree that it would look like it's either not finished or you ran out of money...That being said, it is your ride.

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
I think it could work.....

Not like you can see the door moldings, side chrome, wheels on both side at thesame time....just leave the front of back with one theme.....

Don't see how it would look crappy since you only see one side...

Not my taste but I could respect a cleanly executed 50/50 ride

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
My plan is what they said about have 2 sets of everything. My thought is you can have it one way in the summer and one way in the winter. Since I need a set of winter tires and rims I am just going to have a black set and chrome set. You can get teh side moldings pretty reasonable and thats the majority. I went as far as looking for a second set of headlights so they wont be tinted in the winter.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I think it would look fine, considering you can only see one side at a time.
That being said, many people will see the other side, soon after they see the first side.
Like others have said, after seeing both sides, it will seem like an unfinished project.
You will get many comments asking when you are going to finish it, and if you respond "It is done, I did it like that on purpose" you will get some strange looks for sure

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I was gonna do this with mine.Leaving one side chrome,wheels included,and the other blacked out.Was gonna go with a blacked front strip and leave the rear chrome. I was talked outta it pretty fast.It's your ride though,I say go for it.Don't let others make your decision for you like I did.

·
Registered
806 Posts
think freak show, the two faced woman bearded lady on one side and normal woman on the other. Sounds like a canidate for ripleys believe it or not

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Black on one side, white on the other..........look like the "Scarface" movie cover..........yeeaaaaaaaaa

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1315656162.479677.jpg

You know it 

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 19 of 19 Posts