Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i know this is a stupid question but does anyone in jersey have the bwoody and had an problems? Im torn between the bwoody and arrington.. just a little turned away by some saying their bwoody hydrolock their engines. Just wanting to see everyones opinion..

Thankss

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
well, if you drove in water deep enough to get sucked into your intake, it would hydrolock. i have had my bwoody cai in some really bad rain and no hydrolock.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I had Bwoody, loved it.... But i think arrington is where its at right now... But Bwoody was sick!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but i am worried about the arrington not fitting right i reemeber reading problems with the fitting

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
the arrington fits fine just remember to keep things loose until it fits right. I had a volant and was stuck between the bwoody and arrington and went with the arrington because I dont want to worry as it floods bad around town

·
Registered
814 Posts
i've had the 4" bwoody for years dd it and have had no issues. dont be dumb and drive through large puddles and you'll b fine. i also keep the dry filter cover on.

when i was at the dealer the parts guy told me about a 09 that just got totaled because some idiot thought it would be ok to drive through water and locked the motor.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Arrington is "where its at" lol. An intake is an intake. If you drive through 3 feet of water without a snorkel bad things will happen.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Hahahahah "where's is at " , I love the Bwoody and did in fact buy the Arrington to try out and it was out the next day .... sold it to a local and lost $50 bucks .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha everyone making the decision harder

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I loved the Bwoody... Lot of people here don't like the company. but the intake itself i think is a great product IMO... Just don't drive in swimming pools....

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
if you must drive across a raging river, you could always turn the BWoody upside down and use it as a snorkle :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't know what part of Jersey you're from, but if you know anything about north-east nj, you know that route 17 floods. When we had that hurricane irene or w/e the name of that hurricane was, they blocked 17 off. Stupid people were going through the barricades and then turning around and going the oppisite way because they realized that maybe those barricades were there for a reason. Well, I was part of those stupid people, I saw the flood by the bendix diner, and I went through it. I have the bwoody 4" and I had no problem, but then again, the water maybe came up to the bumper...thats about it. With any intake, if you submerge it with water, it's going to suck the water in. As long as you're above the water you will be fine. I have been in heavy rains and been fine. I love the intake

·
Live For Today!!!
1,048 Posts
i had my Bwoody 4in on in jersey for 2 years DD 120 miles a day. just took it off to make room for my 2 snails lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks alot guyss and memphis yea i know exactly where that is im from north jersey. and yur crazy i wouldnt have went threw the water haha..
paratropper thanks for the info and your a lucky man

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quick question when buying your bwoody? anone get the Silicone coupler upgrade or tbolt clamps? or 90mm throttle body? thankss

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I got the silicone coupler....

·
Registered
117 Posts
The clamps that it comes with are fine just make sure u get the dry charger.. And if u have a 90mm tb then u would want to upgrade that too

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts