Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a relatively stock 2009 SRT8. I am looking at forced induction down the road and understand a transmission rebuild/upgrade is the smart way to go.

What parts exactly have to be upgraded or are there kits a person can buy?

I understand the stock converter is adequate and the valve body needs upgrading, but i'm not sure what internals need to be dealt with.

Any help would be great.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Depending on which FI direction you're going, a converter may be in fact needed. For turbos, you'll definitely want a converter. Ask Keoni. Hahaha. If you do a blower, the stock converter will work.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not knowing what type of FI you're planning on, I'd suggest doing a valve body now. Once the trans goes, do a built tranny from SHR or Bill. You could then either sell the valve body, or sell the blue tops if you went the SHR route, or if you did Bill's tranny he will work with you on the valve body payback. Do a torque converter, whether you do a supercharger or turbo. Just my opinion!

Coming real soon: PWR 385 w/Apache Mean Street Heads, PWR Big Blower cam, Procharger F1D, Ported Intake w/90TB, SW Headers no kitties, Paramount Dominator & NAG 1 Tranny & ???
Jim, when did you bump the plan up to F1? Schweet!

Reactions: J&D's SRT's

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Not knowing what type of FI you're planning on, I'd suggest doing a valve body now. Once the trans goes, do a built tranny from SHR or Bill. You could then either sell the valve body, or sell the blue tops if you went the SHR route, or if you did Bill's tranny he will work with you on the valve body payback. Do a torque converter, whether you do a supercharger or turbo. Just my opinion!

Jim, when did you bump the plan up to F1? Schweet!
I bought the motor awhile back & than had some trouble with a couple of my accounts not paying me for 3 months & I hadn't paid for the labor yet so I had to wait. While I was waiting to get paid Andy approached me with the idea to put an F1D on it while he had. So I got that all paid for but than had to wait another month or so to get the money to put a tranny while he had it also. Now that's all paid for. Just need to contact transport & get the Jeep to him so he can put it all in for me. Pretty excited now that I have everything & Andy is messing with me with a pic of the ProCharger.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.