Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Are you going to be tracking this vehicle a lot?
Yep, absolutely. Even more if I get rid of the brake torque problem. I don't doubt that the LTS pads are good, but I've had horrible results with the HPS pads. I am a fan of EBC yellow, and the HP+ seems to be similar.

Can you PM with ordering instructions / availability?

Thx!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Whats bad about the LTS pads? Have you tried them? Just wondering....

BTW, I just got a UPS shipment notice from Stillen that all 112 lbs shipped out and will be here in San Diego tomorrow...:D

Thanks Jade!

chad

·
Registered
247 Posts
Whats bad about the LTS pads? Have you tried them? Just wondering....
I have no experience with LTS pads, so I trust what the stillen guys would say about them. If you think the stock pads are good enough and you want more of the same, I'm sure they would do. They may be more stable than HPS pads because they have some ceramic content.

Many people swear by hawk pads. I've had some bad experiences with them, so in my mind, they are the "goodyears" of pads.

My criteria for brakes do not involve looking cool, lasting long, being quiet or keeping the wheels clean. I only want full torque when cold, no glazing with repeated stops from three digit speeds, and pads that dont fall apart when the brakes get hot enough to fry my wheel bearings.

I'm willing to try again with the HP+ pads that have a somewhat better reputation in this area. These are the mfgr's claims on HP plus pads:

http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/hpplus.php

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Chad -

The brake manager brought a set of the pillar vanes by my desk yesterday... they look AWESOME. I think you're really gonna be happy with them. Let me know your thoughts when they get there!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had to step out for a bit, and when I got home, THEY WERE HERE! Very nice Jade, they look awesome, and will look even better on the Jeep.....once I get some pads, they will go on! ;) They are HUGE! No wonder the shipment said 112 lbs!

Thanks again!
Chad

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hahaha, I checked tracking when I got back from lunch and was like "hmmm....his stuff was delivered at 10:45, it's now 2:30 and I haven't heard from him...this is unacceptable."

;)

Glad to hear you like them! You'll really love them once they're on the truck. In the meantime, the Diablo should give you a thrill....

21 - 34 of 34 Posts