Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, more details are coming in regarding the possibility of doing a CF hood for you guys. It IS possible. We can do either an OEM style or a style with vents/scoops. Here's the catch.... we would need a minimum order of TWENTY to get these done. If there are enough of you that want the same style hood, we can get our Art Department to render something up. But we would need 20 confirmed orders to make this happen, as this is a big R&D undertaking.

So, the first step is to find out how many of you are seriously interested, and what style you're interested in. Hopefully, if everyone is looking for a non-OEM style hood we'll be able to come to some sort of consensus that most everyone will like.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
What type of CF weave will you be using? Will it be CF underneath as well? I am interested in a short cowl hood.

5.7oz 2x2 weave

11oz 2x2 weave

19.7 oz 2x2

8.3oz 4x4 weave

Pics courtesy of UScomposites site. http://www.shopmaninc.com/carbonpage.html

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Miss Understood
13,911 Posts
i would like the gsm hood

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Ya that hood is awesome, I would be in for something like that!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Price? Weight? How close to oem fit/quality would it be?
IMO, there is no reason to make a stock appearing hood, our hood is already aluminum. I'm up for some rendering of different scoops/vents chopped into our hoods. IMO, cowl ind is nice just nothing too GM cowl ind looking.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I say something like the bmw vorsteiner hood w/ the vents w/ an additonal squared off opening like the gsm hood in the front...very subtle and it would look very bad ass because than you can paint the hood and leave the vents unpainted carbon fiber...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I say something like the bmw vorsteiner hood w/ the vents w/ an additonal squared off opening like the gsm hood in the front...very subtle and it would look very bad ass because than you can paint the hood and leave the vents unpainted carbon fiber...

LOVE IT!!! I would definitely be in for something like this!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
that bimmer hood is KILLER! I would buy that in a second! Paint to match my Jeep, and leave the CF vents unpainted.....WOW! Keep up the good work Jade!

chad

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
That BMW hood is pretty sick, reminds me of the 5.9 ZJ hoods.

Not sure if you all agree but for me to spend a good amount of money on a hood it has to fulfill a few requirements.

1. Fit as good or BETTER than stock
2. CF underneath
3. UV gelcoat
4. Holes for washer squirters

1 - 20 of 60 Posts