Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 Steel Blue and I'd love to know how many were built. Driving me nuts - 2007 is the only year I can't find info on.

Apparently there was 1 in 2006 and 224 in 2008 before they switched to Modern Blue. But I can't find build numbers by color for 2007. Anybody have a clue? Or tip on where I might find this info?

Or even a breakdown of the more common colors from that year that I can work by process of elimination on the 5345 units built in 2007?

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8_distribution.htm#2007

Thanks for any help.

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
If you can't find the info there then not sure where you can find it..

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Those numbers are off. I did the math comparing the % numbers versus the number they post below and they differ.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd even take a % estimate. Just strange there is color info for all years except 2007... the one I care about of course.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the number!!!

I had contacted Chrysler right when I bought the Jeep a couple weeks ago to request the original build sheet and had asked them about the production numbers then. I got my build sheet right away, but figured I'd never get any production info from them.

I'm happy to say that I was wrong - got an email yesterday telling me that there were exactly 426 Steel Blue Metallic Clear Coat GCSRT's built in 2007. In total, that is 651 Steel Blue ever built.

· Registered
2,703 Posts
cool ive always wondered how many steel blues were built in 07. I have 1 of the 426.

· Registered
3,651 Posts
I know one that was totalled recently local to me...so there is one fewer on the roads.

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
I have one :D

· Premium Member
1,659 Posts
The cool question is... how many are left in the actual original owners hands? I remember when I was purchasing my second one, the dealer was begging me to take the one blue they had on the lot. They couldn't move it, as everyone wanted to just order their own color or something. I'm just a silver man as I keep purchasing the same color lol. Yes, also still original owner of mine. Nice color though

· Registered
2 Posts
I went and had a look at one a couple months ago, here in Auckland New Zealand. Its right hand drive for you lot! I believe it came in from Europe.

Interestingly it has been incorrectly registered as a 2009 since it came into the country here. An older guy had it (2nd or 3rd owner) and sold it to a used car dealer here which is where I went and had a look at it. It was listed by them as a 2009 in the rare "Modern Blue". I looked it up and it was registered as a 2009. However it had unpainted brembo's, grey seats, and other 2007 interior bits so safe to say it was definitely a 2007 Steel Blue SRT8. Probably the only one here in NZ given they only made a few hundred of them, I wish I had the money to buy it.

It looked amazing, but I really think the grey interior of the 06 and 07's haven't aged well, and the black of the 08+ just looks better in this day and age.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts