Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my brand new 2020 Sting Grey SRT yesterday. I signed the papers Wednesday and flew in yesterday to collect. When I arrived I noticed they had different older wheels on the truck. They did not know I had a friend go take pictures for me showing how it sat the day I bought it. When I was there I told them about it and they said I was wrong. I drove home to look at the pictures and clearly they changed them, I even have pictures of the exact tires by code on both wheels. How should I proceed? Is that not fraud?

·
Registered
349 Posts
The set you have on it now look like replicas? The SRT center cap is a generic one and there is no green valve stem cap.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The spider monkeys have never came in Solid Gloss Black.
From the wheel link you posted looks like the Standard wheels would be Style 16 Hyper Silver or Satin Carbon Spider Monkeys, the optional lighter wheels(23 lbs) would be Style 20 split 5 spoke Satin black 5tens.
So ya, someone swapped your lightweight upgraded wheels for some reproductions before you picked the Jeep up. Nice catch xJoshxx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well you would have more power if you haven't picked it up already plus these are not even OEM rims they are replicas. Did you buy it used? If they don't work with you you can only complain to OMVIC if this was purchased in Ontario.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Those 5ten wheels are used on the trackhawk as well. There is no question that they were swapped out with the older style reps. Any factory wheel in that style was never offered in gloss black. The darkest available was a PVD type chrome. The 2015 red vapor edition wheels were gloss black, but they were a traditional 5 spoke.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer got back to me and isn't willing to do anything. Said he will unwind the deal and give me my money back. The wheels are gone and he isn't buying new ones. Will be interesting how this plays out. I said it is fraud and he said maybe but I have 110 employees and cannot babysit them all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid 70k canadian for the new SRT which is 53k usa funds. I just want the rims that came with it and move on.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Jeeez they didn't even put Factory repos on it. those are some ebay shit.

For all those who don't know the OEM wheels will have the Rim width and side and back spacing imprinted in the barrel along with date of manufactor etc

The Center Caps also look like this with a Chrysler emblem in them

1 - 20 of 50 Posts