Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm mad at myself, for allowing this to happen. this is what happens when you want something soooooooo bad, that you go out of your way to get screwed over.

i ordered a set of their black chrome wheels in early june via ebay, which had a core return attached to the auction. core means that i had to send back mine, in exchange for the ones they were sending me. the core charge was $1,500. after receiving the products, i returned my wheels to them, and expected my core return in a timely fashion. after numerous phone calls, it was brought to my attention that they had billing issues, which honestly are not my concern. i expected to receive my core by the end of july, after numerous complaints. in august, i received a personal check from an individual who i was told was the "owner", but the check bounced. i dont understand how this company can continue business when they owe me money. paypal was no help, being that it was out of their 45 day warranty period. they do not return my calls, i call at least 4-5 times per week, and i keep leaving messages for people i dont know. now, the person i have been dealing with for the past 3 months, all of a sudden is leaving the company. i dont understand these people. they should make an exception and send me my money, i have been waiting long enough

i want my core returned to me. i have been waiting for over 3 months while this company continues business operations. they collect money on a daily basis with they thriving ebay business. there is no way they can not afford to refund me my $1,500, plus my $12 bounced check fee

it is unfortunate that their product was so good, but i will never, everrrrrrrr deal with this company again.

just thought you all should know..............

ps. i already filed a complaint with the bbb, in case you were wondering

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
your Alcoa "cores" are worth a lot more than 1500 ...

if this company is requiring cores back, I would have to assume you got the reps for free ? or damn close to it ... unless they shipped you genuine painted alcoa's back ??

If not, this company has a killer buisness scheme going right now
They send you OEM srt wheels already powdercoated and then you send them your curb rashed wheels back after mounting theirs.

Sucks to hear this. I was planning on getting my wheels done in black chrome when I swap over to my winter set in a few months.

I would file a law suit and see how fast they pay you. Remember to keep all emails and log times and who you talked to on the phone.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they sent me OEM wheels, i just pay the fee of powdercoating them

if i were you, i would either try buying them straight up, or finding another company. there is another guy on ebay that uses the PVD process, so please dont get suckered in like i did

filed a complaint already. i should just find myself a lawyer

it is the same place, i filed a complaint, they said the company has 14 days to dispute or acknowledge the complaint. regardless of the results, it would then be filed on their record on the bbb

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he sent his in. He didn't take the core option. I didn't have the another set of rims to just send mine in

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wish

i have the bank chasing them now. they (the bank) asked me to let them take care of it before i speak to a lawyer. there is no real time frame on this thing so they asked me to be patient

im trying to get them to send me another set of rims instead, since they really dont want to cut me a check. my next post may be a set of rims for sale, hopefully

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are fighting my bank, these ******s. my bank refunded me the money, and said they would get it without a problem, and they sent me a letter stating they are taking the money back

i got in touch with a lawyer, but its going to cost me $$, so i think im just going to suck it up and try fighting it on my own (which has done wonders for me in this situation so far, lol)

ill keep you guys posted

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
feel free to buy rims from them, i dont want to knock a product when their company infrastructure sucks, but i would never exchange anything with them every again. honestly i would never buy anything from them ever again, but thats just me

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i have partial good news....

after finding Rob's, the new owner, cell # online, i called him directly. i explained to him everything that happened, and he was willing to listen to everything i had to say. he was really cool about it, but explained to me that he was going out on a limb to make me happy. though i dont really agree with that, this was the deal i made with him:

he would send me another set of rims, in black chrome, outright, for $1000 shipped. now its my job to resell them to make my money back. honestly, it may not be the best deal in the world, but at least i have the possibility of making my money back. i can sell the rims for $2500 and im good, i'm not looking to take advantage of anyone. he also said he would honor the warranty the rims i bought last year and the rims im buying now.

im pretty happy with this deal. i dont mind working to get my money back, its either that or dont get my money back at all. if anyone wants a staggered set of black chrome rims let me know. i'm going to get shipping quotes this week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts