Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer emailed me at 11:15 AM yesterday (sep 29) - "The SRT8's are here from 11-1 today. Sorry I didnt know sooner." The dealer is 35 minutes away. So I got up and went. Almost didnt make it by 1pm. A hellacious accident had JUST happened on a 60MPH highway (trash truck vs Integra = trash truck) Plenty of people stopped to help and I would have just been in the way...so I counted my blessings and kept rolling. The Integra had zero front end left. Seeing such violent wreckage and knowing it just happened certainly makes your adrenalin rush.

Back to the SRT8 line-up in Blair, NE. All look and touch....no drive. :( I sat in it, played with all the controls, took a bunch of pics of it (forgot about those! will post later), talked to the guys, grabbed one of everything that they had on their table, and got a small poster and two SRT decals. I asked the guy, "You wouldnt happen to be going to Baxter's this afternoon?" Him, "Yes...we'll be there from 4-8 tonite. You should come. You can drive it there." Me, "I wish I had known that! Baxter's is only five minutes from my house!" (FYI - Baxter's is in Omaha)

So I went. OMG...there was a whole Mopar line-up of 60's and 70's cars! Lots of custom Vipers there, too. I talked to a very knowledgeable Baxter rep and he said his Chrysler rep called him THAT AFTERNOON and told him that the GC's were starting to ship. The one in the tour was the first one off the line. He also said that they will build 8-10 units a week.

One last thing that I dont recall reading anywhere on here...but certainly could have missed it. I had read about the 'carpet' being a possible reason for delays. I jokingly said, "Yeah, I guess they were all waiting on carpet?!" He said, "Actually, the real problem was that they put the wrong oil in them. Be glad that your status is still waiting for production, because you'll know it wasnt one of those."

ps...I was too chicken to drive it. They tried repeatedly to get me to sign up, but I really had no interest in flooring it and stopping. I did get a full-size poster from this location. It's the little things... :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing that I found out. The rep asked me if I ordered the tow pkg. Yes. He opened the back of the truck and showed me a formed cover that fits over the receiver when not in use. Body-colored, molded, and has a big SRT8 embossed into it. Despite all the differing opinions on having the tow pkg on this particular vehicle, it's nice that they took this extra step to 'make it go away' when not in use.

Also, the exhaust tips seemed bigger than normal. It looks like they bell out a bit on the ends.

The dual pane sunroof is sweet!

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Interesting info...... Thanks for sharing, sure some people will be curious.

Yes, I have to agree with you about the dual pane sunroof!!!! :pimp:

·
Administrator
5,855 Posts
Don't know how I managed to miss this thread. I found it from a link in another thread. Some pretty significant information concerning the wrong oil as a possible delay. Thanks for the post.

Bernie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts