Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how reliable are the srt8 engines i found an 06 for a cheap price with 100000 miles on it and wouldnt want to buy it and need a engine or transmission

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
How much can you get it for? Really depends if it was supercharged or not. Im sure its got some life left BUT i wouldnt buy it with that mileage.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
How is the Jeep otherwise, does it look like someone took very good care of it or does it look a little beat up

Not knowing what was done to it previously is a little bit of a gamble, if it was well maintained it should be good but if it was beat on might make a good project car

·
Registered
418 Posts
ANY car is as reliable as long it has been taken care. There is no car out there that will last long if neglected. Being that is a performance vehicle, you just need that extra step and look at things more carefully, BUT this engines are solid IMO and they love to be at WOT :)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yeah, like these guys said, i'd look for a really good maintenance history. documented maintenance, 30,60K mile, etc services.

Honestly, if the maintenance looks good, just drive it a bit, let it cruise, and listen to it. make the salesman shut up, and just see if she's smooth. You'll be able to tell if it's been beaten on. at 100K... it'll come out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts