Administrator
5,855 Posts
Might as well copy/paste the graph...

Bernie

Reactions: 5000XD

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Thanks guys, seeing it like that really shows the difference & why there's a lot of upset people here. It does matter whether you can afford it our not that's just messed up.

Jim

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks RAMBIT i tried but couldnt get to copy.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Wow! I'd like to see production volumes per year per vehicle on there as well. That would help to prove or disprove Ralph's argument regarding supplier cost increases and low volume production.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Thanks guys, seeing it like that really shows the difference & why there's a lot of upset people here. It does matter whether you can afford it our not that's just messed up.

Jim
Exactly. I didn't realize the Charger had a bit of a jump also.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
well at least the 300 and chally owners should be happy. but for us jeep guys, we got the shaft.... as did the charger guys... just not quite as much

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
Well well well, now how stupid of a price development is that, totally out of proportion. The Jeep ceo should be fired imo.

I'm gonna shaft them back next year when I'll pick one up for under 50k ;) hopefully it won't have too much rust from standing in the dealer's lot.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Who is going to be stupid enough to pay ~$67 K for a jeep (with tax)? It's unfathomable & really suprising that anybody with half a brain that plans on selling these in any volume would do this. The real issue is as I mentioned many months ago is the GC Overland with options is approaching $50K so they needed to move the GC SRT8 upmarket to keep that market open. No one would buy an overland if a SRT8 could be had at near the same price.

Either way, Chrysler has blown themselves way past market & that will cost them share / profits from sales. Prepare for Gov motors round 2 within 2 years, then it's time to get your $13,000 discount again, LOL.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Am I correct in thinking that around 3years ago the Overland was more money than the SRT8 until the options list pushed up the price?

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
When they had the diesel engine option in the Overland a fully loaded one was more than a fully loaded SRT.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
That list is a little misleading guys, the Challenger, Charger and 300 are all still built on the same chassis as the 2006 cars. The Jeep is an all new platform with IRS and adjustable suspension. Throw the adjustable suspension on the LX/LC/LD cars and you will probably see a several thousand dollar price jump. I expect the base price of the Jeep to drop in the next year or two and the standard features are deleted. It's not uncommon for OEMs to offer the first year or two with every bell and whistle then start decontenting it.

J

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
as they say on dragons den I AM OUT

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Just for kicks, I built a new 2012 Mercedes ML350 with options close to the Jeep SRT ....

$69,265 = wo/5-year Prepaid Maintenance

$71,207 = w/5-year Prepaid Maintenance

(see attachments)

So I presume Jeep has some sort of marketing plan that will sway the 40+ year old buyers to the [Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat] dealers to test drive a new Jeep SRT8...

What would a Jeep salesman say? ..

It has more power ...

It drinks more gas ...

It goes faster...

umm.. [silence ensues]

The wife sitting there says to her husband... "I want a Mercedes"....

... end of discussion.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Who is going to be stupid enough to pay ~$67 K for a jeep (with tax)? It's unfathomable & really suprising that anybody with half a brain that plans on selling these in any volume would do this. The real issue is as I mentioned many months ago is the GC Overland with options is approaching $50K so they needed to move the GC SRT8 upmarket to keep that market open. No one would buy an overland if a SRT8 could be had at near the same price.

Either way, Chrysler has blown themselves way past market & that will cost them share / profits from sales. Prepare for Gov motors round 2 within 2 years, then it's time to get your $13,000 discount again, LOL.
Am I correct in thinking that around 3years ago the Overland was more money than the SRT8 until the options list pushed up the price?
Yes, the WK1 Overland was more $ than the SRT8. The WK2 Overland has all the bells/whistles the SRT8 has plus the ride height adjustment, so now why the $ difference?
http://www.cars.com/jeep/grand-cherokee/2006/pricing/

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sure wish that the higher the bar is, the greater the performance. Then we all would not be grumbling about the WK2.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That green bar looks like a big middle finger. . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts