Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new SRT8 last Friday and the copilot dash Carbon fiber trim and rear right door carbon trim clear coat came apart!
Every time I pass a speed bump the rear axle makes a strange sound that I can feel and hear !

Anyone knows the recalls at the moment for this "Super Truck" ?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I received my new SRT8 last Friday and the copilot dash Carbon fiber trim and rear right door carbon trim clear coat came apart!
Every time I pass a speed bump the rear axle makes a strange sound that I can feel and hear !

I'm betting the noise is the spare tire. I have my snow brush stored across the top of my tire and underneath the cargo area lid. It keeps the tire in place from moving around.

As for the clear coat I don't have an idea? Dealer warranty should replace the trim if it's faulty.

Maybe post pics of the trim problems?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts

Are you sure it's not the protective plastic that hasn't been taken off? Definitely check your spare it will not be tight and jack not secured. You can search this in previous threads

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I almost wondered if there was a protective plastic over it. Wasn't sure though as I bought mine off the show room floor all prepped up.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
69 Posts
I took out my spare and still getting some noises but it has decreased.In terms of quality don't get me started:

Door sticks out almost an 1/8
Front bumper under headlight keeps popping out
Chrome not aligned
Alignment off
Panels are not all same color
Piece of trim over the fenders starting to peel off on corner
All kinds of rear end noises

But then I get behind the wheel and those issues seem to disappear. Except rear end noises, but dealer says it is fine and seems to run fine. Still sucks this is what a they think a 60,000+ car should be. I have owned BMW, Audi, Porsche, and although have had my fair share of problems with them, they still seem to be far ahead in terms of overall quality.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Hey Jim I'm just gonna sharpie my name over your name on the window sticker.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
425 Posts
I took out my spare and still getting some noises but it has decreased.In terms of quality don't get me started:

Door sticks out almost an 1/8
Chrome not aligned
Alignment off
Panels are not all same color
Piece of trim over the fenders starting to peel off on corner
All kinds of rear end noises

But then I get behind the wheel and those issues seem to disappear. Except rear end noises, but dealer says it is fine and seems to run fine. Still sucks this is what a they think a 60,000+ car should be. I have owned BMW, Audi, Porsche, and although have had my fair share of problems with them, they still seem to be far ahead in terms of overall quality.

Well what do you expect?.....it's still a Chrysler! Yeah, Chrysler has come a long way but the reality is that they still have a ways to go. BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, and Porsche are all Tier 1 luxury brands......Chrysler is just not in the same league, no matter what the sticker shows.

Reactions: brooklynsrt8

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Hey Jim I'm just gonna sharpie my name over your name on the window sticker.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
You might want to call your sales guy, not positive but I think they can order you a new one with your name on it. No regrets on my part seeing it go to you. Sounds like you enjoying the hell out of YOUR new car & have some nice plans in place for it.

Jim

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
You might want to call your sales guy, not positive but I think they can order you a new one with your name on it. No regrets on my part seeing it go to you. Sounds like you enjoying the hell out of YOUR new car & have some nice plans in place for it.

Jim
I got another little mod in the works ;) In time I'll start a thread up once I get it all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Why did you take the truck with all these issues? Did these just start as soon as you received the truck? How long and have you spoken to them? You can take the truck back and state you want to log for lemon law. Keep taking it back in for rear noise making sure to let them know your documenting it as well as call Chrysler corporate service number and demand to have area service rep investigate these issues with the dealer service department with you present.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
How about some pics to back up the problems. IMO no pics no problems.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Bring that thing back that's complete bs a new 55k truck comes with all those cosmetic problems IMO

·
JEEP SRT since 2006
1,294 Posts
I had this one, under the passenger side headlight. there was a problem with a bracket, dealer replaced it and it's fixed, no fuss no muss.

I've got the clunking at stop from the rear, not the only one to have it, guessing we'll find what it is soon.

Yep they ain't perfect.

Even with these slight problems I don't think this thing will come close to matching the 5 months in the shop in the first 2 years that my Audi had.

If your dealer isn't fixing it, then YOU need to escalate with Chrysler, it's still hard to find a good dealer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had this one, under the passenger side headlight. there was a problem with a bracket, dealer replaced it and it's fixed, no fuss no muss.

I've got the clunking at stop from the rear, not the only one to have it, guessing we'll find what it is soon.

Yep they ain't perfect.

Even with these slight problems I don't think this thing will come close to matching the 5 months in the shop in the first 2 years that my Audi had.

If your dealer isn't fixing it, then YOU need to escalate with Chrysler, it's still hard to find a good dealer.
What dealer do you use, I'm in MD and want to find a decent place to go for service.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.