Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Administrator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello Everyone,

A group of SRT Engineers will be monitoring this thread on Tuesday, April 15th,2014. from 5:00 p.m. EST–7:00 p.m. EST. They will answer any question posted here until 7:00 p.m. Check back between 5-7:00 p.m. EST next tues. evening for answers to your questions. You can even carry on a live discussion with the SRT Engineers by posting back and forth during this time period!

This thread will be open the afternoon of April 14th so you can start to post up any questions that you have here.

Thanks.
- Your Cherokeesrt8.com Team.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
1. Is there any chance of the 6.2L SC motor making it into the next generation SRT?
2. Are there weight reduction plans for the next generation GC?
3. Not a question, a request: Please keep the Cherokee Design team away from the next generation Grand Cherokee!!! We need a masculine Grand Cherokee!

·
Administrator
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This thread will be open the afternoon of April 14th

a-kon is just too quick. IBTL

·
Administrator
5,864 Posts
Because I can, I'll just say nice to have them back!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
5,864 Posts
This thread is now open for posting.

Please follow the same guidelines as always:

Participant Guidelines:
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles (off-topic posts will be removed)
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions (no member-to-member replies/discussions here)
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Limit each post to 1 or 2 questions and be as brief and clear as possible, including the SRT model your question references
  • Allow time for a response - questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not previously answered for someone else, you may re-post before the session ends
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product, please do NOT ask

Bernie

·
Registered
298 Posts
1 - Is anything being reviewed to reduce the rattle associated with the panoramic roof? Building on this - is anything being done to "tighten up" any of the speaker enclosures? I'm having issues with rattles under moderate bass with the stock stereo.
2 - FOLDING MIRRORS ON THE DARN SRT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Questions for Challenger SRT:

1) Challenger is around 400lbs over it's segment weight. Any plans to shave some weight to make it more nimble?

2) the challenger is 7-8inches longer than it's segment competitors. Any plans to make it more compact and lower in height?

3) can you put the emergency brake as a hand brake please!!!? Foot brake is very unnatural.

4) heads up display (hud)?

5) sportier seats (recaros, etc)?

6) please work on the bluetooth. I have to wait 3 seconds/mississippis to talk to someone after i answer a call.

7) double clutch for automatic transmission? Can the shifter look more like the push-kind M and AMG vehicles have instead of like a toyota corolla?

Hopefully some of these have already been addressed in the upcoming release '15.

Thank you for your time!! :)

·
Vendor
468 Posts
1) I understand you cannot discuss precise power numbers of the upcoming Challenger line-up as they haven't been officially released but can you confidently say they will have been "worth the wait?" Compared to it's competition of course. Will it measure up?

2) What ended up killing the idea of a 6 speed Charger?

Thanks for taking the time to swing buy! We all appreciate your time.

·
One, two, GIT SUM!!
1,428 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks for stoppin by first of all. I just have a few things that would be great if they were cleared up.

So I will admit that some of this stuff pertains to the marketing team but still just want to get the word out there.

I have a 2009 jeep and I'm kind of amazed at the way these are put together, like for example the paint used is atrocious. I'm starting to see it rot away behind pretty much every body panel, and my local dealership wants nothing to do with it. Everytime I go over an imperfection in the road the roof rattles, the doors rattle and it's actually kind of embarrassing really, like this is supposed to be the top of the line vehicle and this kind of stuff happens?

I'm not here to complain about MY jeep and the few things I don't like, and I don't know if it has been addressed for the wk2 platform, but just bear it in mind for the wk3?

Also the features that I miss out on (being Canadian) like different uconnect features, track experience, and an actual srt certified dealership/technician program for us, most dealers have no clue about servicing and maintaining them like using wrong fluids, part compatibility etc.

I think that's everything pretty well, if I remember I will try and chime in.

Thanks again guys!

-j

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
I would like to request genuine MOPAR SRT performance upgrades that can be supported by the dealer. Please. ie CAI , EXHAUST, HEADERS, SUPERCHARGERS ETC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Recently I have experienced some rolling power failure issues. I have taken it in for service multiple times to two different dealerships. Neither of which were able to determine the cause of the problem, as there are "no relevant codes". I have asked many different SRT owners and to my surprise this is somewhat of a common problem. Not only is the vehicle powering down while I'm driving it but I cannot even deploy the hazards to alert other drivers that my vehicle is disabled, in the middle of the road.

That said, my question is this:

What do you do when you have a life threatening issue with your Jeep SRT and you're close to exhausting any hope of resolving and or correcting the issue? Who do you turn to when the dealership gives up?

I love my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and I am very much a brand embassador, but these days this issue has taken all the fun out of driving it because I'm afraid it will power down at any moment. Please help steer me in the right direction here. I'm fully covered with a top of the line Mopar extended warrantee and would love to enjoy driving my SRT again.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
In Australia, all we read and hear about is the VR not working for entering an address in the Sat Nav, If we can find out why its not working, or how to get it working, or will it work in the future and shut these blokes up once and for all I would be forever grateful.

Also if someone could get a message to Ralph for him to find an excuse to come over to Australia PLEASE.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Why is there no recall on the vibration issue that 70-90% of us are having at highway speeds (70mph)?

Sent from the HEMIsphere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can the SRT engineers (and Ralph of course) come to Australia and do a drive day for us Jeep SRT owners?

Can we also have a remote start kit available to retrofit to our models?

Love what you guys are doing with the Jeep SRT, looking forward to the new model in 2016/17?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Thanks for taking my question which is why on a premium vehicle (2014 challenger SRT) do you put tires that are not the best available for traction, ride, longevity and quietness? The tire is one of the main factors in a performance vehicle and I think everyone on the forum's would choose a Michelin over a Goodyear. I changed at 500 miles after I encountered rear differential problems requiring the differential to be changed which cost Chrysler $ and me $1200 and I have 4 Goodyear tires that I can't hardly giveaway, but I love my car just want the best parts on it

·
Registered
16 Posts
I traded in my 2010 SRT for a 2014 GC SRT and I have notice that the paint ships away very easily especially living in Canada. Also why don't we get the SRT track experience when we are paying more money than every one else in the States? We also need a dedicated SRT team up in Canada because the customer service Techs don't really know much about the SRT vehicles and treat you like you just bought a mini van.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
What is SRT doing to improve quality control standards? In addition to experiencing my own issues in the past with Chrysler forgetting to seal the drivers side of my windshield on a brand new 2010 wk1, seems like every few days I see someone post up on something that should have been caught by any decent QC standards.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1 - Is anything being reviewed to reduce the rattle associated with the panoramic roof? Building on this - is anything being done to "tighten up" any of the speaker enclosures? I'm having issues with rattles under moderate bass with the stock stereo.
2 - FOLDING MIRRORS ON THE DARN SRT!

Love our 2014 GC SRT but I second this on the rattles. The roof and the center console squeaks drive me a bit insane.

A request (unless it already exists and I'm unaware) would be a way to turn off the ding when the key leaves the vehicle and it is still running. I can't count how many times I've gotten out to run into a store with the key in my pocket and my wife waiting in the passenger seat. Every time I return I get the "you did it again, I'm going to kill you look" from her.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
THANKS SRT FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE AND THE FUTURE!!
1. This question is for challenger ... Did dodge address the broken rockers that we experience?
2. Will there be a diet soon for srt vehicles?
3. COULD YOU PlEASE TAKE RESUME SPEED (R.S) OUT FOR A DRINK AND DINNER AND THANK HIM AS HE IS A BIG REASON WE ARE GLUED TO THESE SITES AND OF COURSE MOPAR FOR INFO .
4. HAS THE TIMING CHAIN ISSUES BEEN RESOLVED FINALLY?
5. THANKS FROM ALL OF US !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i own a dodge caliber srt4. friend convinced me to put a blow off plate on instead of spending a larger amount of money on a BOV. i would like to remove the plate and put it back to factory. can you post pictures or tell me what was removed from my car to install the plate? it was a cheap one like found on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRT-4-SRT4-...er|Submodel:SRT-4&hash=item2a1cd4c0db&vxp=mtr). eventually, i plan on purchasing a legit BOV. the gasket that comes with the plate aren't holding up, and the car whines as soon as you give it gas, and it blows when letting off the gas. any help would be appreciated. it's hard to find info on these srt4's.

thanks

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.