Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up Monday morning to the Police and my SRT8 sitting on landscaping bricks that had been taken from my neighbor's house across the street. Before I could even throw a fit, they told me the guys were all busted and my wheels were recovered and being processed for evidence. I had them back in a few hours. Here's a link to the news aritcle here in Houston:

http://www.khou.com/home/Authorities-capture-rim-tire-theft-suspects-in-sting-operation-134586288.html

I've also attached some of my own pictures. This could have been much worse. I still can't believe they jacked me in my own driveway in a nice neighborhood! I hate scumbags...

So, now I have an alarm and I'll be picking up wheel locks today. You should all do the same because our rims are not cheap!

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
good to hear they caught the low lifes, nice to see another SRT8 made the news, but no for this!! I think the safest way to avoid this is using a garage, usually they come free with the purchase of a house. :)

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
If you don't have access to a garage, I would HIGHLY recommend a set of wheel locks.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Damn dude that totally blows but at least they were caught and your wheels were recovered. Mine was also broken into in my driveway and after that I got a badass Viper alarm with glass sensors etc and put some Gorilla locks on the wheels.

·
Registered
965 Posts
You really lucked out. those guys would have made a couple pesos off those rims. You should thank those cops!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I was really lucky. The reason the Jeep wasn't in the garage is because I have a boosted RX8 with a blown motor taking up the space, or it would have been in there! Agreed - hate to make the news like that, but it was nice that it was handled before I knew what was going on.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
what is happening with the crooks? can you sue them? (not likely they have money)

·
BlaBlaBla
5,311 Posts
Good to know they got caught. I hate petty crack head thieves. They visit my shop about once every two months. If I ever catch one I'd be in trouble for sure!!
Lights and cameras don't stop them. They jump the fence looking for whatever they can sell or scrap. Pain in the ass more than anything. They all wear dark hoods, hard to identify. In 11 years we have caught two.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Luckily they were caught... And wheel locks seem to be in your immediate future! .... maybe d&s rotors too... :D

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
You are very lucky man! I'm glad it ended this way and not one of the other thousands of possibilities. I have wheel locks on mine even though it's always parked in a garage. Reassurance is a good thing.

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,180 Posts
I lived in houston for 15 years.... lock your stuff up, thats all I can say. It might as well be Tiajuana.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It makes me furious that somebody else wants to f*** with something I worked so hard to pay for. These things are not cheap! Get a job, you broke bastards! The DA called me and asked what I wanted for punishment. I said lock em up FOREVER. Or bring them to my house for an hour so I can dole it out :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts