Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Team SRT,

I thought of something else, the exhaust change on the 09 Challenger, beside the change from mufflers to resonators, did anything else change, i.e. diameter, or crossovers, anything, and will the tone and sound be different from the 08 set-up?

Thanks again.

Trublu69

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
This is the fourth time I'm asking this, hopefully I'll get an answer this time as I know you guys are bombarded with hundreds of questions within a 2 hour window...

What is being done regarding the delayed throttle response on the SRT8 LX platform? Did SRT inherit a sluggish system from the rest of the LX cars & trim levels? Or was this throttle by wire idea native to the SRT model?

Sluggish throttle response makes artistic driving very tough because you don't have a good feel for what the car is going to do next. ie - drifting, doing donuts, hitting that apex at JUST the right time instead of 0.25s too late. Just my $0.02, from a guy who loves to feel one with his car... I definitely don't feel "one" with my Charger SRT8...

But the WOT gives me giggles every time though :)
Yaaah, a lot of old school muscle car and performance guys complain a lot about the throttle response being different on cars these days. "Fly-by-wire" is definitely not native to us. Artistic driving is still very possible, throttle response just takes a little getting used to, it took me a while to adjust as well. I'm sure you'll get the "drift" of it with a bit of practice. Do a youtube search if you don't believe me.....

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Hello Team SRT,

Sorry to stray off topic (Jeep), I do have a question regarding the Challenger rear suspension; Being an IRS setup, will the rear in this experience "wheel hop", particularly in a hard start condition, or will it seem well planted.

My past experience has shown with IRS you get a bunch of tail squat and not a whole lot of wheel control, what's your thoughts?

Soon to be SRT owner.
We have done a tremdous amount of development for wheel hop (included a signifigant amount at the dragstrip) to tune this out. We feel the car will give a well planted launch.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Team SRT,

I thought of something else, the exhaust change on the 09 Challenger, beside the change from mufflers to resonators, did anything else change, i.e. diameter, or crossovers, anything, and will the tone and sound be different from the 08 set-up?

Thanks again.

Trublu69
The 08 and the 09 automatic challengers have the same same tuning, but the manual will get a unique tuning.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Thanks for the great ride guys!!!

I had mine on a road track this weekend and when exiting a tighter corner and going WOT it would kind of shutter at the end as the lateral force got greater. Is this normal under these extreme circumstances or might this be a drive train issue?

·
Team Hellcat
156 Posts
Thanks for answering my questions!
Don't forget to answer.....what are the specs of the stock 6.1 Hemi camshaft?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the new 90mm performance throttlebody add anything or make the ETC response quicker (greater volume per degree opening)?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Thanks for the great ride guys!!!

I had mine on a road track this weekend and when exiting a tighter corner and going WOT it would kind of shutter at the end as the lateral force got greater. Is this normal under these extreme circumstances or might this be a drive train issue?
Not sure, but based on the list of modifications you've got sounds like aftermarket parts may be causing this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Team SRT,

Were you screwing with that guy about "track running" every vehicle ;), seriously I don't care, at least I know mine was already broke in and now I can run the piss out of it.

On the other hand, you guys out having fun all day that's why mine isn't getting built on time :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got here. has anybody asked about putting a 3:91 gear in an automatic? I have 09srt challenger ordered and am not a fan of the gearing thats in it.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Don't know if you could answer this or not. But I'm asking for more of an opinion than anything. Where do you see the high HP V8 motors going in the next few years? Do you see them dying out? Or do you predict that technology will simply save them, and engineers will be able to provide us with fuel efficiency and high performance?

·
Super Moderator
11,045 Posts
Not sure, but based on the list of modifications you've got sounds like aftermarket parts may be causing this.
Any chance it is the traction control doing it's job? It is never fully disengaged, right? Aftermarket stuff might just emphasize it more......

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got here. has anybody asked about putting a 3:91 gear in an automatic? I have 09srt challenger ordered and am not a fan of the gearing thats in it.
Good question, that's the only reason I waited to order the 09, to get the stick with better gears.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone ask this.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.