Not open for further replies.
181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Here is one... What is the stradegy of the FDCM,, DOes it send out torque reduction requests independent of the transmission controller?? Also as we are finding out in High HP applications the motor knows no limits......It just keeps applying the fork harder and harder until it snaps. Is using Rolls Mode a safer way to prevent the actuator motor from just blowing the internals to pieces??
Thanks
A.J.

The FDCM does not request engine torque reductions. I'm guessing you are asking next about the T-case clutch apply motor. It is a position based control logic so yes it will keep going till it gets to the position that is being requested. I can't say that I've ever tried it, but it was stong enough to break the fork? Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm assuming you had taking it a part and were attempting to "rewire it to add more power".

·
Registered
20 Posts
While road racing my 2007 SRT8 Jeep the light for ESP came on about halfway thru my 30 minute run and stayed on until the car cooled down and was restarted. What happened? I did NOT turn off ESP while on the track.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
The FDCM does not request engine torque reductions. I'm guessing you are asking next about the T-case clutch apply motor. It is a position based control logic so yes it will keep going till it gets to the position that is being requested. I can't say that I've ever tried it, but it was stong enough to break the fork? Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm assuming you had taking it a part and were attempting to "rewire it to add more power".
I have 2 Broken cases. It appears that as the front wheels slip it continues to push harder and harder on the case until the fork breaks. We are putting some serious power down and this is now sticking its head out. I figured locking her in Rolls mode at the track will just leave it in a constant position making the failure less likely.
Thanks for the reply
A.J.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
In before the close.
As always interesting answers

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Thanks Team SRT, and thanks to all the participants, for a great session - See you all next time!

181 - 186 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.