Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
SRT Engineering Team
549 Posts
I recently bought a used 2006 Charger SRT and had a problem the last time I was on the track. The temp gauge got up to around 240 degrees. I had it to the dealer for a flush and they said everything's ok. I'm wondering if there could be any issue from the old coolant gunking issue this car may have had. I replaced the thermostat hoping that would do it. I'll have it out on the track in a couple weeks. If I still have an issue I was thinking of trying a radiator, but are there any other troublshooting tips?
Love the car otherwise!!!
You should be good if your dealer did the flush and fill. At that time they also should have inspected the other parts affected by the coolant issue (radiator, hot bottle...). If you have the issue in 2 weeks at the track, I'd make sure to take it back to the dealer and have them do another inspection

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The 285 are on the stock srt rims and yes they are the Goodyear rs-a tires. I haven't heard any rubbing. In your opinion what should I do or just keep that way until I need new tires and get the right size.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes I changed the wheels and tires. However, I did not change the overall diameter and weight. These were custom built so that I would not lose any performance or gearing. Does that matter?

Rip

We note by your post that you have changed from the original wheels and tires. Differences in rolling tire diameter front to rear may affect transfer case operation. The dealer has the diagnostic tools to evaluate the transfer case controller software for stored and active fault codes to determine if any transfer case damage has occurred as a result.

·
Sur Askdalotte
2,482 Posts
This is the 43rd SRT session. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU for your 86 hours of participation so far, encompassing more than 6,000 posts (gasp!). Please keep up your hard work and dedication, the SRT division is IMPORTANT to all of us and is more than appreciated! :cheers:

·
SRT Engineering Team
549 Posts
My performance displays seems to erase it's "best time" whenever I use it again. Is this normal?

I will add that when I received the Jeep the performance display was not in the cluster and my Jeep spent some time at the dealer to even get the function to appear (many trips to two different dealerships)
The best time is both recalled and deleted by pressing the "function select" button. The best time is deleted by holding "function select" for five seconds, is there a chance you are holding the function select button for a long period of time when you are trying to recall it? Or is the "function select" button sticking?

·
SRT Engineering Team
549 Posts
The 285 are on the stock srt rims and yes they are the Goodyear rs-a tires. I haven't heard any rubbing. In your opinion what should I do or just keep that way until I need new tires and get the right size.

Unless you have a spacer you have 285 tires on the stock front wheels which are 20x9. We would recommend you install the stock tire 255/45R20 RSA EMT tires onto the front and save the 285's for when you wear out the rear tires.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
How many miles can I expect from the Good Year run flats on a Jeep SRT 8? Because you can not rotate them because the fronts are a different size then the rears. The reason I ask is because the dealer says that my 2 front tires are cupped and causing a vibration in the steering wheel at 70 MPH. They have also verifed that the wheels are staright and that the tires have been properly balanced on all 4 corners. The dealer claims that cupping will cause my vibration issue. By the way I only have 8000 miles on my Jeep SRT 8. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The best time is both recalled and deleted by pressing the "function select" button. The best time is deleted by holding "function select" for five seconds, is there a chance you are holding the function select button for a long period of time when you are trying to recall it? Or is the "function select" button sticking?
Yes, that is possible. I will pay closer attention next time I use it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
This is the 43rd SRT session. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU for your 86 hours of participation so far, encompassing more than 6,000 posts (gasp!). Please keep up your hard work and dedication, the SRT division is IMPORTANT to all of us and is more than appreciated! :cheers:

A great big ditto to that RS!

With our appreciation and gratitude to Team SRT, this brings yet another productive Q&A session to a close.

Thanks, see you guys next month!

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.