Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8. 40K miles. Stock NO modifications by me. The vehicle has had 3 or 4 flashes to the ECU for various reasons. The vehicle does not have the get up and go that it had when new. It appears Chrysler Motors Corporation has downgraded the software by reducing throttle response; tip in full throttle response is slow from 40 or whatever speed to WOT. The tip in is slow and steady, nothing like when the vehicle was new. When new and before any ECU flashes the vehicle was very aggressive in acceleration and shifting. No wheel spin detected and the slapstick would not shift unless you the driver shifted it. I have spoken with the local dealer on numerous occasions about all the changes and the dealer has NO answers. Why did Chrysler Motors Corporation degrade the performance of an otherwise fine automobile? How can I get the original software load from the factory, aka March 2006 load? Again the dealer loads the latest software and states they do not have access to prior versions. And the technicians state this is the best load, the latest version, they have seen. I canNOT agree with this statement. Can you direct me to someone within Chrysler Motors Corporation that can help get the original software back? Can the SRT engineering team give me the full details as to what has happened with the software.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Start-up meaning turning the car ON for the day.

- 65,xxx!!!
- Just very recently less then 1k ago, had the 30,000k big service done including cleaned fuel injectors
- No Service Lights

I haven't had any problems with the battery or alternator that's why I'm curious.

When I turn the ignition and the car severely hesitates as its either going to turn over and die, or not turn on at all.

Thanks!
We reccomend that you take it to a dealer for a more thorough diagnosis. Also, make sure you are using the reccomended premium fuel.

·
Sur Askdalotte
2,482 Posts
My '08 WK SRT8 still exhibits the common brake squeal problem, mainly when using light brake pressure at low speeds. I don't want to compromise brake performance by switching to "untested" aftermarket pads. In a past session you mentioned something about being more "aggressive" when braking. Is there a specific "bedding" type procedure that I could do to minimize this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a used 2006 Charger SRT and had a problem the last time I was on the track. The temp gauge got up to around 240 degrees. I had it to the dealer for a flush and they said everything's ok. I'm wondering if there could be any issue from the old coolant gunking issue this car may have had. I replaced the thermostat hoping that would do it. I'll have it out on the track in a couple weeks. If I still have an issue I was thinking of trying a radiator, but are there any other troublshooting tips?
Love the car otherwise!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the FIAT thing:

I'd like to see better interiors from them. Would be great to see more sportier interiors for the SRT lineup. Of course only as long as they don't nix the seats! They're the best seats I've ever sat in!!! I know the SRT vehicles have a budget and you have to make sacrifices somewhere, but it would still be nice not to have an SRT vehicle (the most expensive trim in the model's lineup) have the same interior...sometimes the same exact interior with some simple upgrades.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
We reccomend that you take it to a dealer for a more thorough diagnosis. Also, make sure you are using the reccomended premium fuel.
We also note that there have been software updates to engine, transmission, and transfer case calibrations that the dealer can flash by authority of Technical Service Bulletins, if this has not already taken place.
These may improve the operation of your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I saw that. But the dealership won't perform a TSB for a WH Export on a WK SRT8. I called around to a few other dealerships to confer and let them know it's the same part, but none will do it since they feel they won't be reimbursed for it.

With the pads, mine is squealing and I have a 2008. The dealership actually noted the TSB, but couldn't perform it since it's for 2006 and 2007 only.
The dealer will not perform a TSB specifically for 2006/2007 model year GC on a 2008 GC. In this case, the specific reason is that the pads installed for the 2006/2007 TSB were installed at the FACTORY on your 2008 GC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
09 SRT8 Challenger

Hello,
I have a 09 Challenger SRT8 6 speed. Great car!!

1) I wanted to change the complete exhaust, including headers. Will this give the car a big boost in power? Worth doing or change only from the cat back/ Error codes?

2) Is it common for the power to drop off a lot when the outside temp gets in the 80's and above. It feels like it slows down alot.

Thank you and keep up the great work...

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
My '08 WK SRT8 still exhibits the common brake squeal problem, mainly when using light brake pressure at low speeds. I don't want to compromise brake performance by switching to "untested" aftermarket pads. In a past session you mentioned something about being more "aggressive" when braking. Is there a specific "bedding" type procedure that I could do to minimize this issue?
There is a burnish procedure that we have posted in the past the would optimize that brake performance and some of the sensitivity to noise. But as you mentioned in your post, the brakes are performance brakes and developed for this application.

Brembo Burnish Procedure for normal customer driving:
- Drive the vehicle for 60 miles and apply light snubs for no longer than 2-3 sec.
- Cover the 60 miles applying the snubs every 3/4 of a mile, based on the increasing of the brake bite, apply snubs for a minimun of 50 to a maximum of 75 mph.

·
Banned
5,309 Posts
The dealer will not perform a TSB specifically for 2006/2007 model year GC on a 2008 GC. In this case, the specific reason is that the pads installed for the 2006/2007 TSB were installed at the FACTORY on your 2008 GC.
Right, but us 2008s have the same problem as the 2006's and 2007's. If the same pads are used, what's the problem?

Also, how would they apply a TSB for WH SRT8s on WK SRT8s? They didn't see anything for us, just the 2005 WH's. Even though we have the same rear driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I just got a used 06 jeep srt8 and I recently saw I have all the same tires (285) on all fours. Is this ok? Or will this effect the wear of the tire or anything else on the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If there were to be another GC SRT8, what would you want in it?

Remember, demand will drive supply :)
Definately the 6.4L Hemi (500+hp) and the same treatment the WK SRT8 has over the regular WK's (i.e. brakes, seats, sound systen, wheels, exterior upgrades)

And most importantly it will need to be able to out perform the BMW X5M and X6M, so that it can still be called the fastest SUV around.:D

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I just got a used 06 jeep srt8 and I recently saw I have all the same tires (285) on all fours. Is this ok? Or will this effect the wear of the tire or anything else on the vehicle?
285s are not recommended for the front of the GC SRT8 due to clearance (suspension, sheetmetal, etc.) and tire mounting issues. Are you running the stock SRT8 wheels and tires (Goodyear RS-A EMT)? If so, we would like to know how everything fits at the front.

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
QUESTION:

Myself and several other owners have noticed a popping noise when coming to a stop, most prevelant on the 2-1 shift right as your about to stop any idea what this could be. I have had the rearend replaced and that did not fix it, right now its at the dealership and they are scratching their heads.

·
Sur Askdalotte
2,482 Posts
There have been a lot of rumors floating around as to whether or not there will be a 2nd generation version of the Jeep SRT8. Some "sources" have said that it has definitely been cancelled... Since the standard 2011 Grand Cherokee has already been announced and revealed, will there be a point in time in the near future where you guys could either confirm or deny that we'll see an SRT version of the new WK? Many current owners are wanting to make future vehicle purchase plans and it would be nice to know one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Right, but us 2008s have the same problem as the 2006's and 2007's. If the same pads are used, what's the problem?

Also, how would they apply a TSB for WH SRT8s on WK SRT8s? They didn't see anything for us, just the 2005 WH's. Even though we have the same rear driveshaft.
The 2008 MY GC have the latest pad material and noise countermeasures.... This configuration minimizes the sensitivity to brake noise on this application, but there are conditions when you can experience brake noise (certain temperatures, humidity, and brake apply pressure).

Remember these brakes are designed to operate at higher temperatures to insure there performance and fade resistance.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My performance displays seems to erase it's "best time" whenever I use it again. Is this normal?

I will add that when I received the Jeep the performance display was not in the cluster and my Jeep spent some time at the dealer to even get the function to appear (many trips to two different dealerships)

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
There have been a lot of rumors floating around as to whether or not there will be a 2nd generation version of the Jeep SRT8. Some "sources" have said that it has definitely been cancelled... Since the standard 2011 Grand Cherokee has already been announced and revealed, will there be a point in time in the near future where you guys could either confirm or deny that we'll see an SRT version of the new WK? Many current owners are wanting to make future vehicle purchase plans and it would be nice to know one way or the other.
We can not comment on future products......

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.