Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
If there were to be another GC SRT8, what would you want in it?

Remember, demand will drive supply :)
Lower rpms in 5th gear or a 6th gear that can handle the power of a 6.3l. Better pistons. New color choices. Lower price. LOL!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Csrt4 Continued

- Alot of people have different opinion of the mopar blow off plate. Some say it can release the air faster than the stock surge valve. Is there any truth to this? Does the mopar blow off plate have any performance benefits over the stock surge valve, or is it just for noise only?

- Is there any chance the oem ecm can be flashed with stage 1's calibration? I live in Metro Detroit about 10 minutes from flight systems. If one of you want to make a few hundred and flash the stock ecm for me send me a pm Im getting tired waiting for stage 1! Lets put some money in the srt teams pockets
The surge valve is the same whether you use the blow off plate or the stock plumbing. For this reason, it doesn't open or close any faster regardless of the plate. The performance benefit is that the blowoff valve vents hot air from the intake system that would ordinarily be recirculated through the turbo. Cooler air is better for power, you just need to live with the whoosh-whoosh noise.

That's a big negatory on the ecu flash. Jobs are pretty scarce around Detroit these days, you couldn't pay us enough (well maybe, but waiting would be a WHOLE lot cheaper).

·
Registered
2 Posts
So...how do you guys feel about Fiat?
If it had happened as a result of the free market doing what it does, then I'd feel better about it. But to see the gov't strong arming bondholders and companies, doesn't sit right.

Either way, any time the news mentions this, they say the new company will focus on smaller, fuel efficient cars. I just pray the days of Mopar and SRT are not over.

·
Sur Askdalotte
2,482 Posts
If there were to be another GC SRT8, what would you want in it?

Remember, demand will drive supply :)
I am thrilled about all of the new features and upgrades that are going into the standard 2011 Grand Cherokee, and especially the stunning new interior. If you take the 2011 WK and adapt the SRT features into it, just like you did with the current generation, we're good to go! Brembo brakes, custom SRT wheels, updated transfer case, custom fascias, and most importantly - the 6.4L Hemi.

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
No questions from me, but I wanted to say thank you for all the support you give the entire SRT community, particularly the Caliber SRT4. My Caliber, as well as the entire SRT Team, has made me a lifetime Dodge/SRT buyer. I hope SRT sticks around after all the changes with Fiat, so I can purchase many more cars from you guys.

Thanks again for everything.
Thank you all for your support, as well. Just a reminder as well for those of you who live in or around the D, the SRT team is participating in a figure-8 school bus race at Flat Rock this Saturday! One of our own will be racing a bus and some of the team will be there. Come say hi!!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
As some you guys know I have a 2008 Jeep with the factory Kicker HP system. I have been contemplating upgrading my single sub woofer to the Mopar dual subwoofer. I was told that the dual sub might not be compatible with the factory system, something to do with EQ settings. Would there be any disadvantages to doing this upgrade anyway?

BTW, I'm good with Fiat just as long as they don't kill the SRT program.

Bernie
The EQ difference is between the factory Boston system and the Kicker system - you already have the Kicker amp and the Mopar guys did their homework - you should be good to go!! Now you can be Livin' LOUDER.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As a suggestion...

For future Mopar Stage 1 ECU's for the Caliber SRT-4. It would be nice to see the ECU not able to be reflashed with the original software (failsafe). There have been more than a few people that have had their Mopar Stage 1 computer flashed, making it useless for the Stage 1 benefits.

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
We're not really sure how to fix your issue, especially being on all four corners. Please take your car to a dealership.
None of the SRT Experience Jeeps have this issue after Hot Lap with the professionals? ANother thing to add to future SRT Jeeps, stiffer rear end that doesn't cause glass to rub into paint.

·
Banned
5,309 Posts
Regarding all 2006+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 models: I'm curious about the 70 mph vibration too. Apparently a possible fix is the rear driveshaft which was issued a TSB (16-001-05) for 2005 WH Export models only. Why not the WK SRT8 models?

Why are 2008+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 models not included in the rear brake TSB (0500207)?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
If it had happened as a result of the free market doing what it does, then I'd feel better about it. But to see the gov't strong arming bondholders and companies, doesn't sit right.

Either way, any time the news mentions this, they say the new company will focus on smaller, fuel efficient cars. I just pray the days of Mopar and SRT are not over.
Non dimentichi che Ferrari e Maserati sono una parte di Fiat!

(disclaimer: we're still learning Italian!)

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Guys,
I recently replaced the rear tires. The fronts have over 65% tread still left. How do I know if the transfer case needs to be replaced. It feels like only the rear wheels are working. Is there a simple way for the dealer to be able to determine if the transfer case needs to be replaced? Yes I have seen the SERVICE 4WD drive light on 3 times in the past 4 months.

Thanks!

Rip
We note by your post that you have changed from the original wheels and tires. Differences in rolling tire diameter front to rear may affect transfer case operation. The dealer has the diagnostic tools to evaluate the transfer case controller software for stored and active fault codes to determine if any transfer case damage has occurred as a result.

·
Banned
5,309 Posts
We've contacted the platform engineers on this topic since this is common part for all engines applications. There was a change to the bottle in 2008, to resolve other concerns.

Even though we have not seen this on our test vehicles, you could add a hose clamp to the return line to insure that there is not a leak at that interface.
I popped the hood of a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, which was a 2008, and I saw a lot of coolant spray.

The spray is coming from the radiator cap, not the return line or coolant reservoir tank. Believe me, I've tried everything, and the dealership doesn't like wiping down my engine bay and refilling ever 3-4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
None of the SRT Experience Jeeps have this issue after Hot Lap with the professionals? ANother thing to add to future SRT Jeeps, stiffer rear end that doesn't cause glass to rub into paint.
Not that we were made aware of. Our normal test schedule is severe enough that if this was a normal issue it would have showed up.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
As a suggestion...

For future Mopar Stage 1 ECU's for the Caliber SRT-4. It would be nice to see the ECU not able to be reflashed with the original software (failsafe). There have been more than a few people that have had their Mopar Stage 1 computer flashed, making it useless for the Stage 1 benefits.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The dealer's StarScan tool should only be able to flash supersceeding part numbers and therefore should not be able to flash over a Stage 1 ECU. We will look into this.

·
Super Moderator
11,065 Posts
Not that we were made aware of. Our normal test schedule is severe enough that if this was a normal issue it would have showed up.
I guess no more Road America.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Regarding all 2006+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 models: I'm curious about the 70 mph vibration too. Apparently a possible fix is the rear driveshaft which was issued a TSB (16-001-05) for 2005 WH Export models only. Why not the WK SRT8 models?

Why are 2008+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 models not included in the rear brake TSB (0500207)?
Refer to post #20 for the 70 mph issue.

The 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT's were built with the last pads which are used as in the TSB.

·
Banned
5,309 Posts
Refer to post #20 for the 70 mph issue.

The 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT's were built with the last pads which are used as in the TSB.
I saw that. But the dealership won't perform a TSB for a WH Export on a WK SRT8. I called around to a few other dealerships to confer and let them know it's the same part, but none will do it since they feel they won't be reimbursed for it.

With the pads, mine is squealing and I have a 2008. The dealership actually noted the TSB, but couldn't perform it since it's for 2006 and 2007 only.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.