Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will be opened at 12pm EST on 06/10/08 (Wednesday).

Participant Guidelines:
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles (off-topic posts will be removed)
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions (no member discussions here; posts removed)
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Limit each post to 1 or 2 questions - be as brief and clear as possible and include the SRT model your question references
  • Allow time for a response - questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not previously answered for someone else, you may re-post before the session ends
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product, please do NOT ask

·
Registered
2 Posts
My question is related to a popping/clunking sound in the front suspension of my Caliber SRT under very heavy load. I've had the LCA recall performed and in fact one of the bolts was stripped so they wound up replacing the cradle. That being said I still experience a loud popping (which can actually be felt in the steering wheel) under heavy load. (i.e. tossing a .6G load from one side of the car to another while accelerating). I've had the vehicle back several times and the dealership is at a loss. They've checked everything and said its all tight. They can't reproduce the sound, of course they also can't reproduce the conditions it happens under either. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
469 Posts
What would be your speculative answer/cure to the vibration issues over 70mph many are reporting and also how come the inner tread wears out so quickly in the GC srt8, could it be from the factory camber settings or is there another reason for this?

·
Banned
5,311 Posts
Regarding all 2006+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 models: I'm curious about the 70 mph vibration too. Apparently a possible fix is the rear driveshaft which was issued a TSB (16-001-05) for 2005 WH Export models only. Why not the WK SRT8 models?

Why are 2008+ Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 models not included in the rear brake TSB (0500207)?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive done every thing to get the check tire pres system message to stop . It wont!
Ive changed all the sensors in the tires , took air out put air in , took it again to the dealer last week they said it had a odd code stored in it , about 300 yards down the road it came rite back. anything you could help with?

·
Administrator
5,844 Posts
Question on behalf of Tom who couldn't be here this evening.

-------------------------------

I have a 2008 Jeep SRT and want to upgrade to the Kicker system. Since the stock Boston amplifier is rated at 276 watts (6x46-w) and the Kicker amp I'm told only uses 6 channels for the Jeep (6x46-w = 276 watts), is there any reason or advantage to buy the Kicker amp? Can't I just keep the factory Boston amp and upgrade the speakers? - Tom

-----------------------------

Bernie

·
Registered
3 Posts
On behalf of the caliberforums, few questions about the Csrt4

- I've noticed some owners have had struts replaced and mine are starting to sound bad as well. Have you guys noticed any problems with them at all?

- I know the noisy clutch and transmission neutral rattle has been discussed before, but it seems like its just getting worse. At low RPM, when giving gas, even without touching the clutch, sometimes there's a loud clunk and it feels like the whole transmission is moving. Are you still considering this normal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Csrt4 continued

- I bought an 09 caliber srt-4 with the airbag seats. I do find them comfortable, but I would rather have the non airbag seats. If I were to aquire the non airbag seats and install them, will this turn on the airbag light? Can the airbag light be disabled if I were to take it to the dealer? Will this affect any of the other airbags in the car? I want everything to work like stock, but I would rather have the non airbag seats since they have more support.

- What temp did you calibrate a stock caliber and stage 1 caliber to run for egts? I know the neon ran pretty hot at a 1720 degrees. Im curious if this car is similar or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Csrt4 Continued

- Alot of people have different opinion of the mopar blow off plate. Some say it can release the air faster than the stock surge valve. Is there any truth to this? Does the mopar blow off plate have any performance benefits over the stock surge valve, or is it just for noise only?

- Is there any chance the oem ecm can be flashed with stage 1's calibration? I live in Metro Detroit about 10 minutes from flight systems. If one of you want to make a few hundred and flash the stock ecm for me send me a pm Im getting tired waiting for stage 1! Lets put some money in the srt teams pockets

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Hi and thanks,

My 2006 GC SRT8 shutters at start-up and takes longer then normal to start when I turn the ignition.

I dont have enough money to take it to the dealer for a diagnostics so I was wondering if there is anything I should look for on my own.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Caliber SRT-4 and after 25k miles the gearbox is progressively making more and more noise. It was originally stated that this gear chatter is normal at idle but it has gotten to the point that it sound like someone is shaking a can of bolts under the car. It does it at idle and only when the clutch is not pressed in. Here is a video I recorded so you can hear how loud it is now.

If this car made this noise when it was new no one would buy it. This needs to be addressed as a problem that needs to be fixed because all the others are doing this to.

·
SRT Engineering Team
549 Posts
My question is related to a popping/clunking sound in the front suspension of my Caliber SRT under very heavy load. I've had the LCA recall performed and in fact one of the bolts was stripped so they wound up replacing the cradle. That being said I still experience a loud popping (which can actually be felt in the steering wheel) under heavy load. (i.e. tossing a .6G load from one side of the car to another while accelerating). I've had the vehicle back several times and the dealership is at a loss. They've checked everything and said its all tight. They can't reproduce the sound, of course they also can't reproduce the conditions it happens under either. Any suggestions?
The issue does not sound familiar. Can you confirm that it happens more often in one steering direction than another? Is the noise body roll related or simply steering angle? Must the car be steered back and forth or can you create the noise only turning one direction?

·
SRT Engineering Team
549 Posts
What would be your speculative answer/cure to the vibration issues over 70mph many are reporting and also how come the inner tread wears out so quickly in the GC srt8, could it be from the factory camber settings or is there another reason for this?
Two possible causes for the vibration over 70 mph are wheel imbalance or driveshaft imbalance.... There is a TSB for the rear driveshaft, which would resolve this issue if it is the driveshaft.

With respect to the tire wear, we suggest having an authorized Goodyear dealer inspect the tire.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.