Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Administrator
5,886 Posts
Just wanted to wish all you guys a Merry Christmas!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bahahahaa... "kids like the noise" ...

Wow... so even the SRT engineers don't like the rice plate.... :eek::D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Odd Suck

Can you clarify the 'suck' in your second question? Yes its the same noise you get when you reach the bottom of your empty milkshake! Only on intial startup about 2 second long and only when its cold out below 40 ish..TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could you tell me if there is a PID for knock retard for the Caliber SRT-4? If so what is it?

If not why not? How does the pcm determine what amount of timing to pull in a knock scenario? I realize the knock sensor will send X amount of voltage to the PCM and the PCM will than retard timing, but what is that equation?

Is it true there are no real timing tables in the Caliber PCM, that it calculates timing off of crank angle? Im not sure if Im asking this correctly.

Why would you guys deem a dual mass flywheel a good fit in a performance car? Dual mass flywheels have been prone to failure in numerous other vehicles with much less torque. I realize you guys have done ''plenty of testing'' at 300hp but that doesnt answer my question. What will happen if you decide to up the anty and make a stage 3 mopar kit? Most likely you will need a mopar replacement clutch assembly at that point which will drive the cost up even more.

Also saying that the DBW doesnt close the throttle or bog the car down during shifts is simple FALSE. I have gotten around this issue electronically and its a world of difference. So again we will ask, why did you not give the Caliber more throttle when WOT shifting or at least increase the rate of how fast the throttle comes back on when WOT shifting. I have data logged the throttle when WOT shifting and it closes all the way to 20% some times and takes tenths of a second to increase to a somewhat wide open throttle. This is killing the car in the 1/4

Thank you!!

Bump before the thread is closed!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I've heard from many credible folks who race SRT8s that the transmission adaptives should be reset before running at the dragstrip. Why the increased performance with reset adaptives?

If I run 96 octane at the track I know that it keeps the knock retard at bay in hot weather. Will running 96 octane do anything besides prevent knock retard? Will the adaptives advance timing or anything like that if knock isn't encountered with higher octane gas?

Thanks for the help.

Resetting the trans adaptives sounds like snake oil. If anything you would want to drive it hard to get the adaptives set more agressive.

96 octane would only help prevent knock and thus prevent timing retard.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Swaybar stiffness is proportional to the 4th power of the diameter, so bumping the diameters makes a big difference. You will definitely notice the increase in roll stiffness.

The Mopar coilovers are essentially a full track kit. The spring rates go up from 210 lb/in front 240 lbs/in rear stock (already quite stiff) to 600 lb/in. They will be too aggressive for street use unless you are very hardcore.
]
Haha hardcore is my middle name!!!

THanks for the answers and your time guys!!!!!! greatly appreciated!! u bad motherfuccers!!!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Why does the transfer case in my Jeep make a split second high pitched humming noise at slow speeds after it has been driven hard? It does not make this noise if I have been driving normally or if the truck is cold.
You're hearing the transfer case (big surprise right!?). We calibrate the t'case to continue sending power forward for a period of time after aggressive driving, because we figure if you drive hard for a while, you're probably going to keep driving hard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Why won't SRT answer any question where the information would be useful to us, and if the thought ever occurred to them that because of this, it is likely this will be the last mopar for many?
If everyone feels this way, we will be happy to stop the webchats. Just let us know. We are here on our own time, away from our families. We do the best we can.
Trust me, everyone absolutely does NOT feel this way, as you can see by the many thanks you receive during each and every session. My suggestion to those few who do feel this way is to avoid the sessions rather than waste time with inflammatory remarks thinly disguised as a question.

Please don't allow a few disrespectful comments to reflect poorly on those of us who GREATLY appreciate what you do for us as well as the restrictions under which you must do it!

Merry Christmas - Happy New Year :cheers:
Thank you for another great year, and we'll look forward to more chats in 2009!!

161 - 171 of 171 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.