Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Administrator
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will be opened 2 hours prior to the event at 4pm EST on 12/17/08 (Wednesday).

Participant Guidelines:
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions (no member discussions here)
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Limit each post to 1 or 2 questions and be as brief and clear as possible
  • Allow time for a response - questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not previously answered for someone else, you may re-post before the session ends
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
The thread is now open for questions...

PLEASE review and follow the chat session guidelines in the first post!

·
Registered
22 Posts
:confused:Hi and thanx 4 taking our questions and comments. A few months ago I attended the SRT track exp. During the interview by the SRT reps at the event I was informed that there was a download 4 the 07 and up SRT's called "Performance Pages" I was told the cost through the dealer would be $100. I went to a dealer and they knew nothing about it. I posted the info on the forum and several members also tried but 2 no avail. Is this an available download and if so how and who do we need 2 contact ? or are we just chasing ghosts !!!:( I know da 09's come with it as an option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear SRT Team, thanks for taking the time to do this. i've got a couple questions that i've been dying to ask, but never got the chance to because i always missed the discussion session. so here they are.

i have a 06 stock SRT8 Charger, so the questions are in regard to the Charger

1. the official 0-60 time advertised on the dodge website under track specs (5 seconds), was that accomplished with ESP fully on?, or semi-off?, or fully off?

2. with the ESP semi-off, is there any chance that the car can skid off end up doing a circular 180? i've witness a 05 mustang taking off and ended up doing a 180 and hitting the curb, needless to say it was hard to watch. and what about with ESP fully off?

3. do you recommand ESP on for the best 0-60 times? semi-off? or fully off?

these are the questions that i could never get a straight answer from forums that i am hoping you can answer it. thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
I read a comment Chrysler Development told someone the "TCM stuff was going in the same chip as the PCM" on the 2009 Grand Cherokee SRT... my question is, are these components (or modules) the same as the 2007-08 MY? Or has there been significant changes to these modules, components, interfaces, etc. in 2009?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Goodyear Run Flats

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

I am sure you have heard that most of us have experienced problems with the stock Goodyear tires. They have admitted (in my case) that the tires were defective, but all they will do is prorate their replacement. I was forced to change out my front tires when they still had 1/3 of their life left. Is there something that you can do to help us out or maybe consider a different tire manufacturer for the Jeep SRT line? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SRT8 Team,

Can the 3 blink active turn signals be added to a 2006 GC SRT8 and if so what has to be done to accomplish it? I tried to have a local dealer "turn on" the feature but they did not really did not understand what I was asking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
"from a member on caliberforums"

firstly, Id like to say that from the last SRT chat i UNDERSTAND that the fuel injectors are plenty big enough for MS1. I still have 2 questions.

1. What are the largest injectors you have tested in the SRT4, for ANY reason?
2. What IDC are you seeing at WOT on the SRT4?

·
Registered
21 Posts
from another member on caliberforums.

1. Can the EFI handle the change in gas quality and how much improvment in power and effiency, will it result in? (for example going from 95 octane RON to 99 octane RON, I did this in my last car which had an adaptive engine management system and it was a noticable differance)

2. According to the 2009 Owners manual turning, turning the ESP completly off will result in disabeling the ESP and TCS and also disable the torque limiter. How much torque gain/change can be predicted?

3. what's the most fuel efficient RPM-range on the enginge during low load and highway use, (2000 ish)?

4. What's the regular vacuum created of the engine during engine brake? I now driven my new SRT4 aprox 540 kms, and i'm now at - 0.75 bar (dipps sometimes to -0.8 bar).

5. Question about the gearbox, why the decision for the dual final gears? Was it for the possibility for a "perfect" Gearboxhybrid (gear 1-4 = track, gear 5-6 = highway)?

6. The stock max boost on the US version is 12-15 psi (0.83-1.0 bar) depending on altitude, what is it on the international version?

7. How's the change in boost in stage 1 compaired to stock?

8. Whats the spec of the oilpressure? (what pressure at what RPM)

9. In the latest magazine tests the Caliber SRT4 isnt in the line ups (where it should be according to its class). Do you know anything about this? Have you gotten any requests? Is there a cutback in advertisment? The car is so good, but if it's not shown, it wont be noticed and bought?

·
Administrator
5,886 Posts
Hi Guys! Thanks for doing this again.

Question on behalf of EricG (300cforums) who couldn't be here this evening.
-----------------

These are the threads for reference:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=120799

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81218

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/sr...on/58807-brembo-caliper-piston-corrosion.html

SRT Engineers - at 29k miles my 300 shows no signs of slowing down, in fact it seems to keep getting faster! Great job on such an awesome car AND engine

I finally took my car into the dealer to have the front brake calipers inspected. They did replace both calipers under warranty and said that the pistons were cracked. Have you noticed this on any of your test mules??? If you want to try and track those calipers down, my dealership is Kings Dodge in Cincinnnati and my service advisor was Rob Harley, I would have UPS'ed them to you but the dealer said they had to keep them because it was a warranty claim.

I certainly see this as a Brembo problem, not a Team SRT problem...are they aware of it? It seems like those front calipers are set to be bored a number of sizes to accomodate various piston sizes unlike the rears, and whatever they make those flat-topped pistons out of clearly isn't cutting it. And my car is kept CLEAN too, unless it is continuously raining/snowing. Such a variety of chemicals used on the roads now days...I fear that after several years of daily driving, those in the rust belt may have their pistons explode some day while braking

Eric
-------------------

Bernie

·
Registered
359 Posts
If the Mopar Stage 1 for the caliber srt-4 voids the warranty anyway then why hold back and limit the torque and HP by closing throttle and drop boost??

·
Registered
21 Posts
from ubermonk on caliberforums.

In colder temperatures like: -20 degrees celcius and -40 degrees celcius and -50 degrees, what is the minimum time I should idle the car so I do not harm the vehicle from the cold temperature for each of these temperatures?

Yes it does get that cold where I am located!

Thanks

·
Administrator
5,886 Posts
As an original owner of a 2005 300C SRT8 with 19,000 kilometers on the clock, I have always wondered about something - Chrysler brought out the 2005 model and only built a couple hundred before immediately switching over to 2006 model year production. Was there any particular reason for doing this? Why didn't they just built and intro them all as 2006 models? The only difference is rear VES and TPM's.

Bernie

·
Registered
21 Posts
from nsrt2csrt on caiberforums.

1. Can the ESP module in the 2009 Caliber SRT4 be installed into a 2008 srt4 to fully turn off the ESP?

2. What is the max HP/TQ levels that the stock clutch can handle? (This question may have been asked already)

·
Registered
10,776 Posts
QUESTION

True or False. SRT Techs at the dealership are being told not to warranty the driveline if customer has any size tire other than stock size on the Jeep, if so how is this Legal, why does it matter? If it is true what is Chrysler doing to notify owners they are not allowed to vary from the stock size or warn of possible issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. The SRT air intake is very effective. Could it be further improved with a K & N-style
panel filter instead of purchasing a cai?

2. To me, the Challenger SRT auto has a nice, deep growl at throttle. Is the suitcase
exhaust on the SRT auto louder than that on the R/T auto?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2009 Challenger SRT8 that experiences a misfire at cylinder #7.
The dealer has not been able to fix it. They are telling me that SRT engineers are familiar with this problem and are working on a "Tech Bulletin" or update to take care of this. The problem occurrs when the engine is kept at ~ 2800 rpm for 10-15 seconds. I do not feel the misfire, but the ECM does and shuts off the fuel to that cylinder after a certain amount of misfires are counted. 0307 code is thrown. Any answers to this? Coil and plugs were migrated to another cylindar and problem did not follow. Valve cover was removed and all parts/springs/seals/bolts/arms were inspected with no problems found.

Thanks,
mjmac

·
Registered
5 Posts
Caliber SRT4 Stage 1 WOT shifting.

The last Engineer Chat Session discussed the imminent release of the Mopar Stage 1 (MS1) for the Caliber SRT4. As we have read, the stock behavior of the drive-by-wire (DBW) throttle causes the blade to be CLOSED during shifting, regardless of the actions by the drivers right foot. It was hoped that the MS1 would address/solve this issue and result in significantly improved track times. But some members have reported that MS1 has no effect on the DBW throttle blade and it still opens during a WOT shift. Is that true? If so, why...it seems pointless since the MS1 is intended for "Off Road Only" meaning emissions should be irrelevant. Thanks.

ps thank you so much for doing this again for all of us Mopar enthusiasts.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.