Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys. I have an 07 Jeep GC SRT8 that I bought a few years back. Up until recently, I hadn’t had many issues out of it. Now however, I’m in a nightmare. So I bought the car straight piped. Turns out whoever did the job didn’t route the engine harness properly. I was at a gas station and tried starting it, it stalled and I saw smoke coming from the engine bay with a strong electrical burning smell. solenoid on the starter went out due to the engine harness melting on the block. In addition the power steering pump also went out due to the electrical failure

So I need an new engine harness, A starter and a power steering pump with reservoir

Problem is, no one makes a engine harness for our Jeeps anymore. It’s discontinued.

part number: 4854660AD

so now I have no idea what to do. Dealer wants me to pay 5K just to fabricate a new harness. Which is just insane

any help is appreciated guys..this sucks bad...
AB225028-67A9-4A91-B419-E3090466B880.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sup guys. I have an 07 Jeep GC SRT8 that I bought a few years back. Up until recently, I hadn’t had many issues out of it. Now however, I’m in a nightmare. So I bought the car straight piped. Turns out whoever did the job didn’t route the engine harness properly. I was at a gas station and tried starting it, it stalled and I saw smoke coming from the engine bay with a strong electrical burning smell. solenoid on the starter went out due to the engine harness melting on the block. In addition the power steering pump also went out due to the electrical failure

So I need an new engine harness, A starter and a power steering pump with reservoir

Problem is, no one makes a engine harness for our Jeeps anymore. It’s discontinued.

part number: 4854660AD

so now I have no idea what to do. Dealer wants me to pay 5K just to fabricate a new harness. Which is just insane

any help is appreciated guys..this sucks bad... View attachment 228019
Try this website. U will find wrecked vehicles & this site searches a lot of junkyards thru out the USA & Canada.
Www.car-part.com I’m pretty sure u will find harness

1 - 9 of 9 Posts