Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy cold today in Calgary. SRT doesn't like being parked outside in -30C. Haha.
- door jams creaking
- windows not rolling up or down, back window too forever to go up.
- stiff shocks
- vibration in the tires
- bumpy ride
- TPMS sensors on for all tires
- back up sensors going crazy
- back up camera fogged up
- rear trunk won't stay up

I guess these issues are typical for all vehicles in this weather so no complaints from me. How are you other Calgarian's fairing with the -30C in the beast? Mine started fine with my car starter and my heated seats and heater work! That's all that matters today!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
-14 here and im already feeling the affects : (

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Park sensors going crazy here , actually had to replace my ESM for the second time with all these crazy things going on with the cold .

·
Registered
630 Posts
yep, sounds similar to me. I shut off the backup sensors in the cold when snow or frost gets over them. backup camera does not get fogged up for me, just gets a coating of dirt i need to rub off before driving.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Drove to Whistler yesterday in the snow. -16 up there in the village, park sensors covered in snow so they were acting up, hatch stayed up but was real easy to pull down. That was about it for me.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I noticed the rear shocks squeaking yesterday. Damn cold in Calgary right now! Looking forward to the warmer weather on Saturday.
My fronst began squeakin last night too .. mixture of the raod grime and bitter cold I think :(

Had a trip to Fort Nelson to visit a new cutomer site last week and we were nearing -40 without windchill factor. Came home to -10 and let out a sigh of relief :lol:

Thankfully I have Cabo for Feb already booked :D

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Last night leaving work at 1130 PM over speed bumps it felt like no suspension al all. But the most I park outside for is about 9 hours at a time, So its not too bad. No trouble with anything else yet. It will warm up soon!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Last night they didnt even list the temp here! just a range -40 to -50... Same as you guys-Tire pressure, Back up cam, Back up sensor, back latch, stiff ride and power steering.

- Remember to unplug any Radar detector and the Trinity or you are screwed! twice to be exact...

·
PWR 440
1,627 Posts
Yeah Tony shes a bit nipplish!!! I dont even think the jeep would start! i even had to rent a car cause my ram blew another tranny........

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Only thing I'm getting is garbage traction with these frozen RFT's. Can't even go 1/4 throttle or it breaks loose. Heated garage at night probably helps though.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I hear ya dude.... I'm in Edmonton

Same thing here in Edmonton, I'm just even more north and yes we had about -45 with the windchill and well lower than -30 without. You should hear the horrible and totally embarrassing sound my BAP makes in the key on position with my Vortech V3 set up. Yikes, I thought the blower whine and occasional belt squeal was bad enough, but that WAAAAAAHHHHHH sound the BAP makes is loud and embarrassing for sure. I hate this cold.
Yep same thing snow/extreme frost build up on the rear craps out the park assist and the camera always gets blocked, Tire sensors always going off so I upped the pressure high, therefore ride is extra extra stiff but also worse considering my front shocks are shot too. Add the fact that I'm running the 335/275 set up on "all season" Atturo AZ800 tires and it makes for a winter to loathe. My wife's 04' Yukon with all season tires handles the snow and grabs 10 times better, no joke. I didn't think the traction would be THAT different, but it completely is. Those Atturo tires are decent for sure but even though they say all season, I wouldn't recommend them for snow use.

Looking forward to spring!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Only thing I'm getting is garbage traction with these frozen RFT's. Can't even go 1/4 throttle or it breaks loose. Heated garage at night probably helps though.
Can't go 1/4 throtte huh? LOL try doing it with a Vortech kit, trust me traction can be way way worse. I really got to be careful when simply cruising on the freeway or the ass end can wander right out at about 80-90 km/h :eek:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Mike you'd have yourself a low 10's with that bad boy right now if you could hook up eh. It was what -40 something up there.
LOL that would be sweet if it were that easy I hear ya. The only problem is that the cold dense air making all that extra power is leaning the crap outta the fuel making it far more likely for severe engine damage. So I'd rather not run it in this kind of cold hahah the extra power isn't much when you have to adjust the fuel to a safe level. Man I can't wait for warm weather again. How can you guys stand it? I'm trying to cope!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.