Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a truck with BC Coilovers, I tried lowering it more myself (bottom rings) but thought they were stuck. I ended up taking it to a local shop to get lowered. I wanted a ranked stance, so they got a 2 finger gap in the front and a 4 finger gap in the rear, fronts are set to 14 clicks, rears set to 16 clicks (I think). The truck drives great, but I do wish I could get it a little lower. The shop said this is as low as it will go without messing the the preload (top springs as I understand it).

My question for those who are sitting low, are you just messing with the top rings and preload? Did you put different springs in? How is the ride quality?

Any help is much appreciated.

There are some pics:

IMG_6239.jpg IMG_6309.jpg IMG_6310.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
What's the measurement from the ground to the center of wheel well? Did they tell you they have the fronts turned in all the way? To lower the rear more you need to remove the rings completely off where the spring sits on.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fronts are 30.5", rears are 32.2" (tires are 275/35/22 & 315/30/22). The fronts are turned all the way down to the bottom. I thought the point of coilovers, aside from the improved performance was the ability to go lower than springs, but it seems you can't go lower than Eibachs with out seriously messing with them, no?

I'm a little irritated with the shop that charged me for this too. I use to use Eric/EKAZ but I'm not sure he's around anymore.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Fronts are 30.5", rears are 32.2" (tires are 275/35/22 & 315/30/22). The fronts are turned all the way down to the bottom. I thought the point of coilovers, aside from the improved performance was the ability to go lower than springs, but it seems you can't go lower than Eibachs with out seriously messing with them, no?

I'm a little irritated with the shop that charged me for this too. I use to use Eric/EKAZ but I'm not sure he's around anymore.
Eric is still around and still does work AFAIK. If you see rings on the rear perch, they can be removed or just call Eric. If you have done work with him I'm sure you have his number. It hasn't changed. If you go lower in the rear, you will probably need to remove the bump stops.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts