Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DONE
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering, does anyone know if the whole gauge cluster is interchangable, from srt to regular GC? Or even just srt to srt? :thinkerg:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Thats a phenomenal question... lol. You have some sort project your thinking on?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hahahah!!! Oh i see now :D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Miles are stored in cluster and computer. Cluster can be swapped on same year srt's but not different years. So I assume it won't work in a regular jeep.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Paul you talking crazy talk

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I think Dan & Tim put Tims in Dans to move it while Dan had his sent out getting blue lights put in & it worked fine.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
I think Dan & Tim put Tims in Dans to move it while Dan had his sent out getting blue lights put in & it worked fine.

Jim
That sounds really dirty but Dan did have Tim's cluster attached to his(Dan's) Jeep.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Cluster has no memory or battery back up to store mileage . It's in the CU only difference will be 06-07 and 08-10

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The cluster does store mileage...

Reactions: mondo

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
cluster does store mileage. i've been trying to get a new one for a decent price for a month now. 06-07 SRT are interchangeable. 08-10. same with regular WK. Got my info from ResumeSpeed. You can get a standard WK cluster on ebay for like $90, and it will plug right in. But the SRT clusters arent cheap. $250 used. $800 new. If you want the mileage on the cluster changed, you have to have it re-programmed by the dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good morning....
I realize this is an old thread, but I'd like to add my recent experience here.....
We are building an SRT-8 Commander. 2009 to be specific. The Commander and the Grand Cherokee share a "common" cluster. So, I ordered the cluster from a 2009 SRT-8 Grand Cherokee, had the dealer get the mileage and VIN programmed in. I installed the cluster and everything worked as it should. The cluster was $177.00 and a core needs to be turned in.. I turned in the 140 MPH cluster from the Commander. Here's the deal, cause I spoke with the company that makes these clusters, the cluster I got for $177 is brand new, when they get the old cluster back, the old cluster is stored for one year and then destroyed. They are not remanufactured. The cluster itself is dumb. The cluster keeps the mileage. The only reason the VIN is programmed in is to link a VIN with mileage. The programmed VIN has nothing to do with the operation of the cluster.The cluster receives its programming from the CAN Bus. As of last week, there were 9 remaining 09/10 SRT-8 clusters. If anyone needs the contact information, please shoot me a message.

Thanks,
Ray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts