Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that our Beast takes Iridium or Platinum plugs. I have used NGK V-Power with good results, can I use the V-Power plug without any addverse effects? :thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Yes..... I ran the normal Copper plugs for quite a long time when I was NA. They don't make any colder heat ranges so they're not good for FI.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What is the stock spark plug for rig? I've searched the forum and people are using ones all across the board. Any recommendations? Not many mods. Just a tune and CAI.

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, Harrison, I use NGK ur5 which is a colder plug in Both my GN's. I have never had an issue with them running 25lbs of Boost. I will see if they have the colder plug for the SRT8. :cool:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after that Great Deal on the e-bay plugs went south :p I just installed Autolite Double Plat's for $24. :D But Im pretty sure the counter help gave me 1 hell of a deal, as it had priced out to $80 on their on-line store from O'Reilly's. :eek: I installed them over the weekend, some of the oem plugs showed signs of being alittle worn. hopefully my gas milage will inprove----ya right! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
NGK have both a 1 step and 2 step colder plugs option with the Iridium IX's. The LZTR6AIX-13 is the 1 step colder and the LZTR7AIX-13 is the 2 step colder. I believe that the plug gap should still be at .050 with both of these, but someone may know otherwise.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you know the Auotlite's called for a .45 gap & not the .50 as all others do. :confused: seems to run just fine though. :cool:

·
Registered
740 Posts
when ever i boost a motor, i go 1 step colder. in most cases i have to tighten the gap also. you'd laugh but i run a .022 in my 4 banger @14psi.

truck does have dual plugs though so must not matter as much. but either way i would drop the heat range regardless.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
NGK have both a 1 step and 2 step colder plugs option with the Iridium IX's. The LZTR6AIX-13 is the 1 step colder and the LZTR7AIX-13 is the 2 step colder. I believe that the plug gap should still be at .050 with both of these, but someone may know otherwise.
Part number 2315 for the 1 step colder and number 6510 for the two step colder. Just an FYI

when ever i boost a motor, i go 1 step colder. in most cases i have to tighten the gap also. you'd laugh but i run a .022 in my 4 banger @14psi.

truck does have dual plugs though so must not matter as much. but either way i would drop the heat range regardless.
Rule of thumb is For every 100 hp over stock you should drop down 1 step colder.. FYI..

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Is that for a stock engine?

Sent from my Droid

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Yes..... I ran the normal Copper plugs for quite a long time when I was NA. They don't make any colder heat ranges so they're not good for FI.
These are what I'm running now. First plug change around 50K I used the stock double platinum plugs but they looked like crap after I just changed them to the v-powers last week. I have 73k miles now.

The price is right at only $2 and changer per plug, I think my total price was under $40 shipped.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Dave, what's a good plug for a stock engine? I want to change before racing starts but not sure on a good plug?

Sent from my Droid

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Dave, what's a good plug for a stock engine? I want to change before racing starts but not sure on a good plug?

Sent from my Droid
These ngk vpower copper plugs we are talking about will work for racing. I ran my new personal best last sunday and it was on these copper plugs. Like HB said he ran them in his N/A set up too and they worked great. They are stock heat range so they will work just the same for you.

If you go on ngk's website they have 4 options varing in price. The vpowers are the cheapest but they do not perform like it. I'm much happier with these over the $13-$14 per plug stock double platinums.

·
Registered
957 Posts
i currently have NGK LZTR6AIX-13 2315. been running them since 30k miles ago and now i am near 100k. its time to change out these plugs. what plugs should i get? my engine is stock N/A with bolt ons and minor cam. should i just get the vpower coper plugs that you guys are mentioning?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
i currently have NGK LZTR6AIX-13 2315. been running them since 30k miles ago and now i am near 100k. its time to change out these plugs. what plugs should i get? my engine is stock N/A with bolt ons and minor cam. should i just get the vpower coper plugs that you guys are mentioning?
2315's are one step colder. You shouldn't need those unless your running boost or nitrous, but I would stay with the iridiums. Great plugs!

·
Registered
957 Posts
2315's are one step colder. You shouldn't need those unless your running boost or nitrous, but I would stay with the iridiums. Great plugs!
when i first got the plugs at 30k ago. i was planning on running boost. but changed my mind. i just might get the same plugs. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
300 Posts
Is the gap you all refer to already applied to the plug or is this something you do during install? Never paid much attention to plugs and merely replaced and tighten as I saw fit. Your all obviously smarter than I am :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
So what should the gap be for 2315s on a FI rig?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts