Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just curious what the stroker guys are running for plugs? Are you guys running stock or 1 range colder? Part numbers if possible would be great.

Fred

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I'm running one range colder NGK's but couldn't give you the part number right now. lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Fred
I am running NGK 5107.
This is 2 steps colder. I taked with NGK and mentioned they had two part numbers for a 2 step colder and technical sent me an e-mail stating this was the correct number. His name was Brandon Peeler in the technical department.
He did not tell me to use a 2 step colder, that was my choice. I have run 1 step colder and 2 step colder and like the 2 step colder.
Most of us probably would not notice a lot of difference in the two.
I liked the way they looked when I pulled them out and the way they drove as a DD.
Ether step will work.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
2315 sounds like the right ones....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dan
Of course you are running 3 steps colder. You are running a Turbo.
The rest of us are normal "Humans", not Gods.
Without a Turbo 1 or 2 step colder is probably proper.
I have run both (1 and 2 step) and like the driveabilty and the "clean" look of the 2 step colder plugs.
Just a personal preference. I guess a lot goes back to what you have done to your engine.
I don't think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
10,785 Posts
Brisk RR12S - 3 step colder
I've heard good things about the Brisk plugs even on the 426/440 builds for the LX guys I believe it's what LPM uses. I think the nice things about Brisk is the large selection of (+) or (-) stages to choose from.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Brisk RR12S - 3 step colder
Chances are if the vehicle is a DD it will foul them out. I know I do with my 392. Kind of a pita changing 16 plugs everytime I go to the track. But I gots to do what i gots to do :)

I've heard good things about the Brisk plugs even on the 426/440 builds for the LX guys I believe it's what LPM uses. I think the nice things about Brisk is the large selection of (+) or (-) stages to choose from.
Brisk is a great plug for boosted and N20 applications. But long before there was brisk there was NGK And at almost $100 cheaper IMO the 2315 gaped to 040 is the way to go w/ a N/A application..

·
Registered
467 Posts
What is a Brisk RR14S? How many steps colder?

·
Registered
467 Posts
So your saying that the RR14S and the RR14YS are both the same 1.5 steps colder.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts