Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for a good thread but have come up empty.

Looking to carry a spare tire for long trips outide the city, but im not sure what a safe size tire to run on both the front and rear wheels would be ..

Im currently running the 275/315 combo but want to find a tire size that could safely be run on both the front or rear wheels

side note: does anyone know the offset of the stock rims ? - will be needing to pick up a cheap steel or possibly a rep to go along with the tire

thanks for any input or suggestions !
-Alex.

·
Registered
418 Posts
it is not just the tire, you need to consider the wheel too because a regular steele will not clear your brembos

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ Yup, that;s why im looking to find out the stock offset - Then I can match it to a cheap take off ( from a scrap yard ) or simply buy a rep online.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
easiest thing to do for just a nail or loss of pressure is to get a plug set and electric air compressor. Should you blow a tire or somethin, you can pick up a replica rim and then just get a cheap OEM tire from one of the guys on here. cost you about $350-400 for everything.

·
BlaBlaBla
5,197 Posts
I carry a spare front. Haven't had to use it yet. It's been two years.

·
Registered
272 Posts
As kmitch said, i also carry a plug set, electric air compressor and a can of fix a flat just in case, i do have a spare front I can use in a pinch but never have had it in the vehicle.

Besides, I know with me if the flat is so bad that a plug can't fix it you're going to be so pissed anyway that you're not going to feel like changing it on the side of the road anyway so at that point I call AAA lol

Plus you have to worry about having a jack as well.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This guy used to sell these on Ebay, but haven't seen it for a while.
Very interesting ! could be worth it if the price if right and this guy is still around... Thanks !

I appriciate all the input on this one guys, but I already have full BCAA coverage within the city - but this is more for long haul trips in which I will be forced to so my own repairs ( hopefully not ) so Im really looking for a reliable spare as a seperate unit. I already carry a patch kit, air compressor and a couple cans of the instant tire fix as it is lol

Im after what tire size could run withtin tolarance of both the front and rear wheels of a 275-315 combo.

Thanks again gents !

·
Registered
419 Posts
Unless you're in the backwoods somewhere with no cell service why not just AAA? I've had one flat in 21 years of driving and called them for that one which was about 40mi outside any city.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Get a 20x9 replica or OEM wheel and put 275/40/20 on it. You can use it for front or back IIRC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts