Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so been feeling like something is the rear end is off. So today I went out and did some poking around. I measured from the lip of the wheel to the bottom of the fender center line with the axle. The driver side is 7 3/4 inch and the passenger is 8 inch even. checked the front and those where matching at 7 1/8 inch.
Next I crawled under and noticed that my Bump stops are not pointing to the center of the disc that they make contact with rather they are at the 12 oclock to the front. They look as if they are slipping off when they come in contact. I made this assumption when i noticed that the diff has come up and hit the exhaust enough to put a decent dent in it. looking at the bump stops it almost looks or seems as if the whole axle has rotated slightly or moved backwards.
any ideas would be greatly appreciated cause the ride is driving me crazy.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Any pictures? Are you lowered?

Its normal for the rear end to have different measurements.. As the gas tank is on the drivers side...

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all stock, except for bwoody links. i thought that too about the gas tank but i am having some very unusual tire wear on that side. i will try to post pics soon of the bump stops and the tire wear. at slow speeds you can almost feel the jeep slightly rocking side to side and at high speed the ass end feels all over the place.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Start by checking to make sure all the bolts are tight??

Sounds like you have a bushing bad, making the rear end loose..

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which bushing should i be looking at. i have been trying to figure out which bushings size i need for the bwoody links to upgrade them to urithaine ones from energy suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts