Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, first of all I apologize for the crappy pics. The glare was terrible from just about every angle and so this was about all I could do at the time. I just had my calipers done in Hemi orange, added the orange "SRT" lettering to the side mouldings (Thanks Squigman) and then the Challenger stripes. I might modify them a bit and cut them to follow the hood lines. I couldn't decide what I liked best. Let me know what you think and I will get some new pics up when there isn't a glare from every angle!

For those interested here are some better pics of the hood quality

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Looks good, but not my cup of tee. However...Your hood is exactly what I want, and your side moldings are the other thing I want to do. So much as I spent a good couple hours adding in a Red SRT to match the red calipers on some Competition grey bumper strips.
Now I see it for real and it looks sweet!

Here's my photohack:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Looks great man, Unique for sure..

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Looks like you put them on backwards...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you put them on backwards...
I did, that was on purpose. The solid part was a little much for the fender I thought. The hood spreads them out much better.

·
Premium Lurker
4,234 Posts
A bit much for my taste, but what matters is that you like it. In that first picture, you'd swear those calipers look red rather than orange, though...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A bit much for my taste, but what matters is that you like it. In that first picture, you'd swear those calipers look red rather than orange, though...
I think it is because that is about the only thing the sun wasn't bouncing off of! They are nearly an identical match to the stripes and lettering but yeah, now looking back at the pick they do look about 3 shades darker in the photo.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,561 Posts
i like it! dont let em' hate, looks great! : )

·
Registered
570 Posts
I am just not feeling those stripes. They are easily removable right? I mean not painted on?

Rip

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am just not feeling those stripes. They are easily removable right? I mean not painted on?

Rip
Yeah, they are just vinyl. No worries, I like them and wanted something a little different. I am sure I will move on to something different as I tend to get bored quite easily!

·
Registered
160 Posts
i love that hood!!

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Do whatever you think looks good and not what everyone else says! If you like it...that's all that matters! I happen to like my stripes that I did on just one side and are unique to my Jeep. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like em and dig the hood as well.

Trufiber?
Yup! They don't list it for sale on their website but will build them. Having owned both, they are 10 times the quality of the Ram Medic hoods from BWoody for the same price. The scoop is functional as well and directs air right on top of your CAI so that is a plus. I will post up some more pics when I get home of just the hood so you can see the quality, they are an absolute work of art.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Do whatever you think looks good and not what everyone else says! If you like it...that's all that matters! I happen to like my stripes that I did on just one side and are unique to my Jeep. :D
Ditto. I feel the same way. I like mine because it makes my Jeep Unique. No one else has them because I made them my self.

Attachments

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Orange looks good with the black. Do you have any better pics of the calipers?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CF Hood

More pictures of hood added to original post for those interested. Again, quality of these hoods is amazing!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts