Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JimsIsland was back on the dyno with his PWR 440 using Eagle heads. His last dyno sheet yielded 558rwhp. Todays numbers with a 90mm TB and a revised manifold from Modern Muscle yielded 577/549 at the rear wheels using the same dyno as before.

Legmaker was back on the dyno after getting his fuel issues straightened out. He has a built/forged 6.1 from us with mean street heads and a mild camshaft. On boost (10psi), he made 615/630 and 710 rwhp/ 750rwtq on Spray.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Nice numbers on that 440 For sure , What type of Dyno Andy ?

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Easily over 600RWHP on most Dyno Jets .. I'll call any Of these 440 LX Or JEEP a 10 second Monster ... Can't wait for Brian's JEEP to be done .

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Congrats to Jim and Andy for some great numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldnt say over 600rwhp on a dynojet. All dynos are different and that includes one dynojet to another. Rather than speculate, lets just call it 574 till he goes to the track. Should run 10's if the numbers are legit and his car isnt a fat cow.

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
I wouldnt say over 600rwhp on a dynojet. All dynos are different and that includes one dynojet to another. Rather than speculate, lets just call it 574 till he goes to the track. Should run 10's if the numbers are legit and his car isnt a fat cow.
Should be deep into the 10's at that power level. My 440 made considerably less power and would runs 10's
In an lx for sure. Do our 440's share the same stroke and crank?

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats speculation. The only way to know for sure what your engine in an LX would have run would have required actually doing it. As of right now, there is 1 Arrington 440 running 10's in LX's and it only happened once so I wouldnt say its as easy as just throwing one in an LX. Allot more goes into that just a dyno sheet. You of all people should know that based on the 1000 changes you made to your Jeep over its time at the track.

I agree that it should run 10's, but if he goes to the track in crappy weather with crappy track prep, with less than perfect tires, and less than perfect converter stall and runs 11's, its not the engines fault and that doesn't prove the numbers to be inaccurate. It only proves that the entire setup that day sucked.

No, the 440's do not share the same bore/stroke.

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
That's not speculation that's fact. AJ ran in the 10's on more than one occasion with the exact same
440. Don't forget that I was the first one racing with the 440 NA an have extensive experience
On its capabilities and limitations.

The "1000's" of changes you speak of were all on my dime. I never got anything for free, I earned my
Opinion on this forum with blood sweet and near death to push the envelope and still daily drive my
beast. Boy if I had a nickel for every time you badmouthed the 440 I could retire.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never said it was a problem, but you made changes every week and you worked extremely hard to run 10's. If it was easy as throwing it in an LX, it would have happened by now and it hasn't. I was actually complimenting you by stating that it had more to do with all the changes and adjustments you made to get to the 10's.

Saying that your motor in an LX would have run 10's is speculation plain and simple. It probably would have, but it didnt. AJ ran 10's, but that is just 1 out of the several Im sure they have sold. My point is that its never easy to run 10's all motor and you should have taken that as a compliment but instead it got your panties in a bunch.

Did I "bad-mouth" the 440 or did I prefer/recommend the 426 over it on several occasions and support my opinion with factual information? I have no problem with someone wanting to run a 440 as long as they understand what they are getting themselves in to.

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
You know I'm sensitive Andy:)
I never changed my engine in any way sinse I bought it.
Only changes were weight and tires. I ran 11.15 @121.something with a dyno of 520 on
A dynojet, actually 3 different dynojets the same result.

Sarge touted big dyno numbers and ran jut as light as me and even pulled his belt and only
Ran 11.4's.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My only point was that you were at the track all the time and trying out all kinds of different launches etc. I know you tried 2wd and awd and 18's and 20's etc etc. It didnt come easy for you in short.

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
JimsIsland was back on the dyno with his PWR 440 using Eagle heads. His last dyno sheet yielded 558rwhp. Todays numbers with a 90mm TB and a revised manifold from Modern Muscle yielded 577/549 at the rear wheels using the same dyno as before.

Legmaker was back on the dyno after getting his fuel issues straightened out. He has a built/forged 6.1 from us with mean street heads and a mild camshaft. On boost (10psi), he made 615/630 and 710 rwhp/ 750rwtq on Spray.
Great numbers, Andy! Looks like that revised manifold/90mm TB combo really let Jim's 440 breathe. Do you know if either he or InferAl will be at VMP next weekend?

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Nice numbers Andy!! NA Beast!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts