Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Solo Performance is pleased to announce the release of its Mach XJ3 Exhaust Kit for the 2006-10 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. A special thanks to Joseph M. and Zepcom for their time and assistance in the development of the kit. Their feedback was critical in making sure this kit was worthy of the Solo Performance name. We are extremely pleased with this drone free, raw, aggressive exhaust kit, which never becomes intrusive on the inside. With the use of our J pipe technology, we were able to maintain an aggressive sound outside, while keeping it drone free on the inside.

Application: 2006-2010 SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Description:

Raw American muscle on the outside and a refined, non-invasive performance exhaust note on the inside. The dramatic sound difference from outside to inside is accomplished by months of research and development plus specific product design for the 2006-2010 SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. This Dual, 3” mandrel bent stainless steel Cat-Back exhaust kit sounds and performs as good as it looks. It’s capped off with dual, bevelled, T304 polished tig welded 4 ½” exhaust tips. Fit, Form and Function is what the Solo Performance MACH-XJ3 kit delivers.

Exhaust Kit Specs:

Front Muffler Assembly
3″ mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust pipes combined with our dual in dual out stainless steel MACH XJ3 muffler. We tried several exhaust configurations on this SRT-8 Jeep and when nothing worked well enough we designed our MACH XJ3 muffler specifically for this application. This muffler is all that we hoped it would be for this SUV!

Right and Left Tail Pipe Assembly
3” mandrel bent stainless steel tail pipes are one unit for easy installation.

J-Pipes
Much research and development has been done by Solo Performance to perfect our J-Pipes that are part of the SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee tail pipe assemblies. These J-Pipes eliminate bad or annoying sound frequencies that occur at certain RPM ranges. We have developed and used this technology on several of our exhaust kits over the past several years and they work incredibly well. The adjustment on the J-Pipe is critical, we have found a “factory preset” position that should work on most SRT-8 Jeeps. Just as a trombone has different notes with slight movements of the “slider” so do our adjustable J-Pipes. Less that 1/2″ of adjustment can mean the difference between a kit that annoys you to a kit that’s perfect. We have gone to great lengths to pin point the exact “factory” J-Pipe setting. Some may need to adjust the length of the J if they have a “bog” or a bad RPM range. All you have to do to get rid of these is loosen the top band clamp on both sides and lengthen or shorten 1/2″. Once you find the preferred direction you adjust from there in 1/4″ increments. Adjust both sides evenly.

Retail Price: $883.88 shipped to most of the US and some parts of Canada.
*Canadian orders must pay required provincial tax and possibly some extra shipping, depending on where you are in Canada.

Contact Information to Order:

Steve Mariano
Customer Service and Sales
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
[email protected]

VIDEO

PICTURES

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im thinking about ordering this kit...anyone here already have one setup? What do you guys think about solo performance?

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
That's a hell of a deal if the 20% discount is reached for a brand new cat back.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Awesome looking catback system you got there. Sounds really good as well. Nice job on the fabrication.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm in!! Ships Thursday (my choice, it could have shipped tomorrow). Thanks for all the help Steve! Your quick response to questions was second to none! Now just find a Jeep for high flow cats/mid pipes.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That does sound really really good. I need the done though, haha.

Do the J pipes have to be installed or can it be ordered without them?

Jim
Jim...we can make one without them, but we can not guarantee no drone without the J pipes. They do not inhibit performance at all.

well it looks like only borla (the bigdog) can handle the mighty 6'4
Not sure what you mean...if we get a 6.4L HEMI in our shop, then we will make a kit for it.

I'm in!! Ships Thursday (my choice, it could have shipped tomorrow). Thanks for all the help Steve! Your quick response to questions was second to none! Now just find a Jeep for high flow cats/mid pipes.
Thanks for your support...your order is in and will ship on your requested date. We appreciate your support!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Do you have any pictures of it installed (under body)? Any performance curves? What, if any, mods were done to the Jeep prior to filming your video. It was hard to see what RPM you were running when filming the inside cabin, but if that was highway speed, it sounded pretty good. I'm primarily interested in what it sounds like in the cabin between 1500-2100 rpm or 25-40 mph range. This kind of looks like a stock exhaust with larger tips and your "J" pipe technology. Just because its new, and different, doesn't mean it won't work. Forgive my skepticism, but I've been burned before on advertised "drone free" systems before. I would very interested in hearing feedback from anyone who purchases one. Your price point is very aggressive. Good luck with your system and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have any pictures of it installed (under body)? Any performance curves? What, if any, mods were done to the Jeep prior to filming your video. It was hard to see what RPM you were running when filming the inside cabin, but if that was highway speed, it sounded pretty good. I'm primarily interested in what it sounds like in the cabin between 1500-2100 rpm or 25-40 mph range. This kind of looks like a stock exhaust with larger tips and your "J" pipe technology. Just because its new, and different, doesn't mean it won't work. Forgive my skepticism, but I've been burned before on advertised "drone free" systems before. I would very interested in hearing feedback from anyone who purchases one. Your price point is very aggressive. Good luck with your system and welcome to the forum.
The closest we have to underbody were posted here: http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67458

The Jeep was stock that we filmed. If you look on the G8 board, Challenger forum, Camaro forum, etc., there is an overwhelming amount of feedback about our kits truly being no drone. We would rather advertise it honestly, rather than deal with issues after the kits are sent out to customers. Our testers reviewed it the same way, as in the link I posted for you in this post. Thanks for the kind words and I hope that eventually you see that we stand behind our SOLO products 100% Have a great night and thanks again.

Here's another pic for you on a different angle:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for pictures. Great to see a company stand by it's products and performance. Seems to a rarity these days. I'll keep my eye on this and look forward to the feedback from others as they get installed. Sounds like you have a winner here. No pun intended.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Trying to understand these J-pipes, whats at the end of the J Pipes?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WTF kind of post is this??? Not really setting a good example for us with a new vendor on here are we... great looking system guys, sounds great to. For that price you guys really beat the competition way to go!
Thanks for the support...I am not sure what was meant by it. I'd be happy to answer if it is made more clear.

This exhaust is loud, my buddies g8 sounds nascarish with solo exhaust. It's basically straight pipes.
It's aggressive outside and tame on the inside. That's how it is designed, and we have 4 kits for the G8. You might have heard one of the louder kits that we offered for it, or it might have even had our high flow cats on it. This kit isn't quiet by any means, but usually if you want stock quiet, you wouldn't be in the market for an aftermarket exhaust. This exhaust is never intrusive on the inside, but is aggressive outside when you get on it. It's the best of both worlds...sound on demand.

Trying to understand these J-pipes, whats at the end of the J Pipes?
The J pipes are capped off on the end. We measure where there was drone without the J pipes, and then put numbers into a mathematic formula that tells us how long and wide to make J pipes. The length we have it at eliminates the frequency of drone that was present on the Jeep SRT8 specifically. Very little exhaust flow enters the J pipes...only sound waves, therefore it does not sacrifice tone or performance. I hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 384 Posts