Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So somehow my family now has 3 SUV's....lol I got a WK2 and my wife bought a limited. My everyday beater was a 2000 Ford Explorer. We don't need 3 trucks, thats why I have been looking for something better on gas. I don't really want to spend over 15K! I have been doing some research on the Prius seems as though I want a 2006 or better. Does anyone on here have a prius? Am I getting myself into trouble going with a hybrid? Anyone have any other suggestions on ultra fuel efficient cars?

· That guy..
1,281 Posts
Im toyota certified and hybrid certified.. And I work at a toyota dealership..

I would advise to stay away from hybrids for MPG... Once something goes wrong on them, if its not under warranty they get pricey..

Prius' are bad with wheel bearings and hybrid batterys (cost $6,000 to replace the hybrid battery behind the back seat). They burn through tires like nothing...

Brake systems on hybrids arnt used as much as a normal car (due to recharging the battery by slowing down) and the rotors rust over..

Personally Ive heard alot of good things about the VW diesels..

Other than that you cant go wrong with a 4cyl corolla, or camry. Or honda civic / accord...

· Registered
710 Posts
My friend's mom had a TDI Passat for the longest time. She said it was her favorite car & loved the MPG and how reliable it was.

She also said it was really cool how the turbo made a blow-off sound when shifting from high rpms, Idn if they actually come with blow-off valves but they might. She really enjoyed it :)

Her's was stick shift. I'm afraid if you get an automatic, you might loose your manhood ;)

· Registered
298 Posts
With several vehicles myself, my daily driver is a 2011 Toyota Prius II and it's great. Easy maintenance. Awesome gas mileage, (obviously) AND lots of space.

I was going to get the VW Diesel (because one of my clients is Volkswagen USA), and I could have gotten a great deal but just love the technology and the mileage of the Prius. PLUS, they hold their value.

A lot of folks talk crap about the Hybrid technology of the Prius. I waited 3 generations and voila! Love it.

· That guy..
1,281 Posts
With several vehicles myself, my daily driver is a 2011 Toyota Prius II and it's great. Easy maintenance. Awesome gas mileage, (obviously) AND lots of space.

I was going to get the VW Diesel (because one of my clients is Volkswagen USA), and I could have gotten a great deal but just love the technology and the mileage of the Prius. PLUS, they hold their value.

A lot of folks talk crap about the Hybrid technology of the Prius. I waited 3 generations and voila! Love it.
Lol. Glad yours is treating you good. We normally have 5 per week with issues. Battery stops charging, wheel bearing noises, battery corrodes inside the car. And you get that sulfer smell inside the car.

I've seen worse cars. But when something hybrid brakes on these. And it's not covered under warranty. Be prepared to get a 2nd loan out.

· Registered
2,211 Posts
I personally don't care for BMWs, but I do like the 335d diesel. All that torque for passing and big MPGs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.