Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so tonight, about an hour ago, was my second time experience of getting out a ticket for what i can only guess was because of my truck. officer was behind a tree in a new tahoe and i was cruising town the turnpike that was sorta empty and i see him pull out. hit it into 3rd gear as to not let him see the brake lights. regardless, he gets close and throws on the lights. pull over, do the usual license registration and insurance crap and he comes back and says, "damn i love your plate and the truck, its a jeep right?" say back yea an srt. "awesome, just be careful and slow down a bit. tickets are getting expensive these days."

seems like cops lately have taken a liking to my jeep and always let me off the hook. idk if its a lucky streak but all i know is that in my previous car, i would get tickets on a monthly basis for illegal mods/lighting or a bit of speeding.

anyone else have that same feeling or reaction that their jeep is a "get out of jail free card" more than any other car they drive/have driven?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I was Tagged pulling onto the freeway last weekend ( rush hour ) for merging too fast ? - He also nailed me for tinted front windows, tinted tails, no front plate and I also didn't have my license on me .. just a passport. when he came back to my truck he showed me the ticket all written out ( came to around 650 ) But he also had a second ticket behind. after explaining the first ticket to me he goes on to ask if he has seen me around before, because he recognized my jeep. I told him I wasn't sure but it could be possible .. after hearing this he rips up the first ticket and hands me a notice of order to put my front license plate back on ?!?! ... my jaw dropped at that point. He was either the coolest cop ever or this whole jeep = no ticket thing really is legit :lol:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Not me. I get no mercy from the fuzz. If they had the chance to either bring down the mob or write me a ticket for 52 in a 45, they'd be lighting me up 10 times out of 10.

·
Registered
272 Posts
About a month ago I got into a sobriety checkpoint, now I wasn’t drinking so I wasn’t worried about that so they let me drive on through then at the last minute I heard another officer yell “yo hold up, don’t let him go” and im thinking oh crap WTF now "and i am a cop but i still thought that" lol then that officer asked, hey man what year is that I love those SRT’s we BS’ed for a minute about it then I was on my way.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I have about a dozen videos of me being pulled over and let go to prove your theory of officer lenience with our Jeeps
Whats the secret? Are you just getting pulled over for DWB and they realize they know you because you are an EMT or what? I haven't gotten a warning in 10 years. Ticket ticket ticket and not for crazy driving, just cruising a couple miles per hour over on a straight, dry road.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Houston police always seem to pull me over, there's no way I could get out of one of their tickets, but on the other hand I got a warning from a state trooper who complimented my beast. =D

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
as I've said in another thread. I've been pulled over several time for over the speed limit.

Once they see my medic hood with the supercharger emblem, they are more interested in seeing the engine bay then writing me a ticket.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
I wish this was true for me. I only get pulled over by motorcycle cops with sticks up their asses. I either get a talk about having discipline when I drive or no conversation at all and a ticket thrown in my face.

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
No cops ever really mess with me. I wave to the local cops where I live everytime I pass by them and now they wave at me first.:D Only time I've ever had any issue wasn't an issue really.

When one of the nurses taking care of my Dad stole his ATM cards, the Det. that helped us ended up knowing me. He said he was a cop before and saw my Jeep a few times. He said he was going to pull me over for my tint one day but couldn't turn around in time. He said he saw me the next day with my windows rolled down and said he saw that I was an "old guy" and didn't bother anymore. AN OLD GUY?!?! Are you freakin' serious?!?! I'm only 36 now!! I was 33/34 then!! He then said he meant I wasn't some young punk. Okay...... I guess I can deal with that.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
No cops ever really mess with me. I wave to the local cops where I live everytime I pass by them and now they wave at me first.:D Only time I've ever had any issue wasn't an issue really.

When one of the nurses taking care of my Dad stole his ATM cards, the Det. that helped us ended up knowing me. He said he was a cop before and saw my Jeep a few times. He said he was going to pull me over for my tint one day but couldn't turn around in time. He said he saw me the next day with my windows rolled down and said he saw that I was an "old guy" and didn't bother anymore. AN OLD GUY?!?! Are you freakin' serious?!?! I'm only 36 now!! I was 33/34 then!! He then said he meant I wasn't some young punk. Okay...... I guess I can deal with that.
Ummmm............... your old. Don't church it up

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ummmm............... your old. Don't church it up

tred lightly i think theres a few of us old farts on here
someone should start one of the polls on here to see everyones age bracket

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Harrison, was that a typo? you mean 63? :rofl:

That is the issue with me, I'm young... The cops want to give me a ticket and pull me over all they can.

Luckily, I go to a very recognizable private college here in Virginia, so most of the time, the police will let me go, as I am honest and don't argue. This is why I have a sticker on my rear window of my college name :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
How does the college name get you out of tickets? I need to plaster the back of mine with Police Benevolent Assoc. stickers and the like.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok 99% of the people, be it police or civilians have NO clue what the difference between an SRT8 or a regular Grand Cherokee are anywhere Ive been. To be quite frank, most of them don't even care when I tell them. So have I ever gotten out of a ticket because I have an SRT? No not really, I cant really see why having a Jeep would get you out of one, I think its more how you conduct yourself and not to smart off.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Get an NRA sticker if you live in Texas. I bet they let you go...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok 99% of the people, be it police or civilians have NO clue what the difference between an SRT8 or a regular Grand Cherokee are anywhere Ive been. To be quite frank, most of them don't even care when I tell them. So have I ever gotten out of a ticket because I have an SRT? No not really, I cant really see why having a Jeep would get you out of one, I think its more how you conduct yourself and not to smart off.
and this can really heighten the problem - I have had a cop (and, later the assistant DA - lol!) ask me how I could even get my SUV going that fast in the short stretch he was patrolling since the stoplight. 66 in a 35. =\

"You're honor, you see, it's this special kind of Jeep..." :grim:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
LOL. You should say "Exactly, see it's not possible. Can I get this ticket dismissed now?"

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
^^ haha exactly !!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts