Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a drag test with my buddy he has a stock jeep srt8 vs my heavy mods i only takes him in about 1 car lengths !
I should pull hard on him my car dynoed 426whp, what is the case of my problem ,plz help u start to lose faith in my car

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
327 Posts
if i were you i would do some datalogging and send it back to diablo

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Take the TB spacer off for one. They do NOTHING for performance. Like said above..... get some datalogs. You could be getting a bunch of STKR and that's killing you. How many revisions has Johan sent you?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take the TB spacer off for one. They do NOTHING for performance. Like said above..... get some datalogs. You could be getting a bunch of STKR and that's killing you. How many revisions has Johan sent you?
hi harrison , well my intake mouth is not ported its stock,what is the STKR?
i did maybe 6 revision but at the end i did a dyno re flashing the car was before re flash 372 whp after we changed the filter to HKS instead of the MOPAR one the car was alive again , anyways we did our best run and we manged 425.6 i have one problem in my car that sometimes when i disable the traction control the car has some jiggling and after some runs sometimes it gave me service 4 wheel drive system but without traction disabled it was fine i run it to the mechanic he told me u have a "front transfer axe actuator" is need to change .
anyways guys any help will be appreciated cause i really lost here dont know what do do i payed a good money for the mods but all i get is a STOCK numbers!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my engine turned to be fine, but my Transfer Case actuator motor had ben broked ,the car when i turn the traction off it jiggles just like if the car has a bad spark plugs!

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
STKR stands for Short Term Knock Retard. It's a power killer. It's your engine knocking, the knock sensors are pulling timing to save it. The more timing it pulls, the less power you make. Tuning on a dyno is one thing..... performance when you hit the road can be another thing. I've dyno'd and had no knock and then when I hit the street, there's knock.

So you got it tuned by Johan and it made 372rwhp, then you played with it and got it up to 425rwhp. You did this by changing the air filter to an HKS and what else did you change? Fueling and timing? If you raised the timing on the dyno to get the 425rwhp..... then my guess is it's knocking like a mofo on the street. Get some datalogs on the street of doing a 0-125 run, then punch it at 50 and take it up to 125'ish. These are MPH speeds not KPH speeds. Make sure you're in a safe place too.;) Make sure you are logging STKR and LTKR. Email them to me at [email protected] and I'd be happy to take a look at them for you. Do you use a laptop to log with a Predator or do you have a Trinity? If you use a laptop, make sure you use the HEMI 07 dashboard.

The transfer case motor has nothing to do with this by the way. I see you live in the Middle East. What are the temps over there right now?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my tuner has played with the parameters for more than 3 hours on the dyno and he managed to get the 426 , about the t-case actuator what i got is this when i turned the traction off the car jiggles like if the spark plugs has ben damaged and when i pit it back in the jiggles will be less like if it is misfiring ,today at the dyno we see it on the wide band the figures display that graph show lots of small drops and raises in 4000-6100 rpm like if it's a misfiring issue , so it turn out the my actuator was brooked and when we put the car on 2 wheel drive the cars runs great , so where did u see me i am recently in jordan and the weather is cold like 35 F .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And by the way while my fans was low as 185-190 the car refuses to warm so it always give bad numbers we raised the adjustment a little cause we have a cold weather right now the tuner says thats why each dyno run the cars worm up a little and it give better hp number we are talking from 350 cold then 400+ warm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.