Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
i don't notice a difference between my silver 10 and silver 06. of course i don't have the 06 so i can't put them next to each other.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't notice a difference between my silver 10 and silver 06. of course i don't have the 06 so i can't put them next to each other.
Here's what the vendor wrote to me:

Hi, yes you are correct the 2005-2010 Grand Cherokee is a WK model. However the 2010 model bright siler paint code(PS2) is different from the 2005-2009 paint code (PSB)and will not be a color match to your 2010 WK model.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
PS2 is the Bright Silver Metallic paint code for Dodge. What a douche. LOL

EDIT: Maybe the guy isnt such a douche. I did a Google search and 2010 PS2 is the color code for Silver.

:confused:

ResumeSpeed, where art thou? :D

·
Banned
3,987 Posts
chrysler seems to use different codes for subtle differences.

I have 07 PDM, the 06 with the same color is CDM. Plus Daniel told me when he was mixing my color that his compuer had like 12 variations on my code.

·
Sur Askdalotte
2,482 Posts
The Silver paint was changed in 2010 for the WK. Chrysler has used several different variants with the name "Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat". Not sure of the exact differences, have never seen them side by side.

2005-2009:
Paint code: WSB
Sales Code: PSB

2010:
Paint code: WS2
Sales code: PS2

chrysler seems to use different codes for subtle differences.

I have 07 PDM, the 06 with the same color is CDM. Plus Daniel told me when he was mixing my color that his compuer had like 12 variations on my code.
PDM and CDM are exactly the same, PDM is the sales code and CDM is the paint code. Very confusing since Chrysler will change the sales code from year to year (using progressive letters/numbers) while the paint code remains the same. In the case of the 2010 WK, the paint code was changed along with the sales code. Talk about confusing!

·
Banned
3,987 Posts
you are on long island. there are like 40 srt8 jeeps on here from LI. find a 06-09 silver one and get it right next to yours. see if there is a 'noticable difference', if not, you are good to go.

or even a wanted add. you just need any piece of an 06-09 thats been factory painted. and see if there is a difference.

or last choice, buy the 2010 one from the dealer for full price.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you are on long island. there are like 40 srt8 jeeps on here from LI. find a 06-09 silver one and get it right next to yours. see if there is a 'noticable difference', if not, you are good to go.

or even a wanted add. you just need any piece of an 06-09 thats been factory painted. and see if there is a difference.

or last choice, buy the 2010 one from the dealer for full price.
Hopefully there's a silver at the mopar meet on Sunday...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts