Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off, i have a V2 vortech, dual fuel pumps, custom exhaust(x pipe and flowmasters), BT catch can, 180 stat, and a Johan tune

I went to the 1/8th mile track and ran 4 times last night, the second and 4th runs when i let off the gas to slow down i had smoke pouring out of my exhaust, and an oil smell. I was told it might be something to do with my bypass??? I need help here, What it might be and how to fix it. PLEASE!!

BTW I had a 1.66 60' and 7.67 1/8th @ 89mph

thanks
Zach

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesnt do it every time, which makes no sense. maybe ill call vortech and try to send them my blower to let them check it out. that would be better than the other option

·
Registered
673 Posts
Same thing happened to my WS6 back in the day when I smoked the ringlands....tore the.motor out and they just fell apart after pulling the piston out of then cylinder.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
I hope you figure it out and its not a internal motor issue

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Oil smoke on over run is valve stem seals on non blown motors, no idea about blown ones

Rings would smoke accelerating

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found small oil puddle in the blow off valve of my s/c so i called vortech, gonna be sending my blower in, in about 2 weeks. 2 week turn around according to vortech. They agreed the seals are probably the problem. I hope so. way cheaper than a rebuild. Ill keep eveyone posted. thanks for the help

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
started taking stuff apart check this out
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv38/usnzt84/2012-03-02161148.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.