Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

Hope everyone has a great holiday! While I'm thinking about it, I wanted to ask if anyone knows what causes the Jeep to shutter and lightly shake when reversing with the wheel turned? The wheel isn't fully locked, but I've noticed when I back out of the garage, and turn out of the driveway, it shutters a bit. Any insight?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
How many miles has it been since you replaced the TC fluid? I have had this a few times and swapping the TC fluid has made it go away. Most likely your clutches are binding.

However, the last time it didn't so I took it in and the dealership found the clutches were wearing strangely so they replaced them. Since then, no probs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles has it been since you replaced the TC fluid? I have had this a few times and swapping the TC fluid has made it go away. Most likely your clutches are binding.

However, the last time it didn't so I took it in and the dealership found the clutches were wearing strangely so they replaced them. Since then, no probs.
I bought in June 2011 with 14,000 miles, and it currently sits with 19,500. So either change the TC fluid or have the clutches looked at?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Just swap the fluid out and see what that gets you. I bet that is all it is.

Reactions: GlockSRT8
1 - 4 of 4 Posts