Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently when I've been starting the Jeep in the mornings I get a swinging in the RPM's between 1,200-1,600 for the first few seconds as if it's trying to settle in and stay on. Once I get it going it settles in and doesn't really have a problem on consecutive starts. I just replaced the battery and have a clean cai filter, so maybe throttle body? I'm not quite sure but any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine does this too anytime it sits overnight or for a few days. I don't think its anything to worry about, it seems to happen to everyone.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I own a 2008 with 21k and it does the same thing...Not every morning but like other gentlemen stated if the Jeep sits a couple of days it happens.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Mine did that the 1st week i bought the car so they changed the tb and same thing so i lived with it then got the dyno tune same thing then got the predator upgrated from 8r20 to 9r12 and redyoned it hasnt done it since. The dyno guy said when it does that its searching for an idel rpm on a cold start up.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Mine does that too...

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Both my 6.1s do that from time to time.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
There is a TSB for some years only, makes no sense, its over on wkjeeps.com. Cold start rough idle. They reflash so take your tune out.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts