Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the looks , hate the price , but with 470hp 6.4L adding 50 more hp...Whats slowing these down?? Weight?..Tune?.. Shouldnt the 12 be easily in the mid-12s?

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Great post to start off the new year! LOL.

Reactions: TheBRICK

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Great post to start off the new year! LOL.
Haha..... I was thinking the same thing. Here we go again.:rolleyes::lol:

No offence to the OP. Just this has been beaten to death. Search around on the 2012 threads. It's been discussed quite a bit and it leads to senseless bickering.:lol: All these threads end the same way.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Yay...This is going to be great. Happy New Year. I think it's the paint that's making it slower. I heard they used 24 coats.........When will they learn.:rolleyes:

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Yup this topic has been beaten to death man.... No comment:D I will put it to you this way no WK2 will catch me.....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Of course it's the weight......more luxury, more amenities, more insulation, more rigid body structure......it all adds up.

But a vehicle weighing almost 2 tons doing 0-60 in 4.6s isn't too shabby in anybody's book.

It wasn't too long ago that most so-called "sports cars" couldn't even come close to that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Re

Im not putting the wk2 down , i love it, cant wait to pick up one with miles next summer ... But really how is a 6.1 faster or even equivent to a 6.4? .. I thought that was the point with the engine change ,more power,faster. Its at least they couldve done to justify the price....might as well kept the 6.1

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It wasn't too long ago that most so-called "sports cars" couldn't even come close to that.

Very true , i was in my glory when my old 5.0 stang broke in the 13s

·
Registered
46 Posts
They kind of let go of the legacy of beating all the germans off the line but at the end its and srt8. Easy to bolt on tune or boost...
Nothing some mods cant fix...

My first post here lol

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Of course it's the weight......more luxury, more amenities, more insulation, more rigid body structure......it all adds up.

But a vehicle weighing almost 2 tons doing 0-60 in 4.6s isn't too shabby in anybody's book.

Somebody just posted a 4.3 on another thread!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
4.8 cough cough

·
Registered
740 Posts
Why not speak of performance

Why is complete performance ever talked about on here.

Performance:
-agility
-acceleration
-top speed
-stability
etc.???

Its not as fast because of the added weight but i think thats just off the line acceleration. WK2 should put the WK1 to shame on a road course.

Overall performance IS better in the WK2

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.