Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the looks , hate the price , but with 470hp 6.4L adding 50 more hp...Whats slowing these down?? Weight?..Tune?.. Shouldnt the 12 be easily in the mid-12s?

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Great post to start off the new year! LOL.

Reactions: TheBRICK

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Great post to start off the new year! LOL.
Haha..... I was thinking the same thing. Here we go again.:rolleyes::lol:

No offence to the OP. Just this has been beaten to death. Search around on the 2012 threads. It's been discussed quite a bit and it leads to senseless bickering.:lol: All these threads end the same way.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Yup this topic has been beaten to death man.... No comment:D I will put it to you this way no WK2 will catch me.....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Of course it's the weight......more luxury, more amenities, more insulation, more rigid body structure......it all adds up.

But a vehicle weighing almost 2 tons doing 0-60 in 4.6s isn't too shabby in anybody's book.

It wasn't too long ago that most so-called "sports cars" couldn't even come close to that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Re

Im not putting the wk2 down , i love it, cant wait to pick up one with miles next summer ... But really how is a 6.1 faster or even equivent to a 6.4? .. I thought that was the point with the engine change ,more power,faster. Its at least they couldve done to justify the price....might as well kept the 6.1

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Of course it's the weight......more luxury, more amenities, more insulation, more rigid body structure......it all adds up.

But a vehicle weighing almost 2 tons doing 0-60 in 4.6s isn't too shabby in anybody's book.

It wasn't too long ago that most so-called "sports cars" couldn't even come close to that.
Somebody just posted a 4.3 on another thread!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
740 Posts
Why not speak of performance

Why is complete performance ever talked about on here.

Performance:
-agility
-acceleration
-top speed
-stability
etc.???

Its not as fast because of the added weight but i think thats just off the line acceleration. WK2 should put the WK1 to shame on a road course.

Overall performance IS better in the WK2

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.