Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well my factory warranty was up in the end of October and rigth before it expired I bought a Max care warranty from Chrysler. So just recently bought a blower for the Jeep and now I am debating on cancelling it and using that money as mod money. So far the extended warranty has served me right and I have gotten lower control arms out of it and a brand new steering wheel. There is nothing wrong with my jeep right now other then my driver seat, which is getting pretty beat up along with the center consol arm rest, which I will evenutally put thru warranty. Is it worth still keeping with the mods that I plan on doing to this jeep? Even if the engine were to die on me I would not go thru warranty for that, but at least I can use the warranty for things like the ESM, electrical, seats,etc...

So what is you guys thoughts and what would you do if you were me?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,482 Posts
If you do decide to do it, do it sooner then later. I cancled mine when i traded it in for the 2010 in Dec and only got 1k back....paid 2700 when i bought the jeep 4 yrs ago...kicking myself now about it!

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I think it would be still be worth it. It would at least cover HVAC, power windows & such, electronics. Those little things add up. I spent a grand to fix the sunroof in the work beater neon. I would keep it. I plan on getting one for mine. Just going to get the most years, lowest miles & highest deductible to save on the cost of it.
Jim

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it would be still be worth it. It would at least cover HVAC, power windows & such, electronics. Those little things add up. I spent a grand to fix the sunroof in the work beater neon. I would keep it. I plan on getting one for mine. Just going to get the most years, lowest miles & highest deductible to save on the cost of it.
Jim
Yeah that was exactly my thinking Jim.... Sensors and troubleshooting will add up... I paid 2300.00 for this warranty...

· Registered
921 Posts
I didn't think any extended warranties covered 'soft' items like steering wheels, seats, arm rests, etc..?

· Registered
11,229 Posts
I didn't think any extended warranties covered 'soft' items like steering wheels, seats, arm rests, etc..?
That's is because its a Chrysler extended factory warranty , same one I have and recently just covered my ESM .

· Registered
921 Posts
iF YOU GET THE MAXIE CARE EXSTENDED WARRANTY IT DOES AS THEY REPLACED MY SRT BREAK PEDAL COVER BECAUSE SOME OF THE LITTLE RUBBER THINGS ON IT WERE WORN OFF.
Where do I find that warranty? I'm trying to find one and have been looking at Ziegler and ChryslerWarranty.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Where do I find that warranty? I'm trying to find one and have been looking at Ziegler and ChryslerWarranty.
Question is d are you still under the 3y/36k ? If you don't they do offered the used car max care as when u buy it under the 3y/36k is considered a new car warranty . Get the drift ?

· Administrator
6,383 Posts
I think if I had to do it again I would have to think long and hard about getting the extended warranty. Then again I'm not sure and would probably do it for peace of mind. It's easy to say no in hindsight if you've never had to use it.

Both of mine were ~$4000, but they cover oil changes, towing, meals, rental etc. Never used it for my car other than the oil changes and it's long since expired. Same for my Jeep, but I still have a while to go on that. I figure 20 "free" oil changes at $150 each at the dealer works out to the cost of the warranty.

Bernie

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for your input!

· Registered
3,771 Posts
Unless you would rather get some money back, I say keep it bro. There are a lot of things that can go wrong and it's nice knowing that you are covered. I'm sure you're familiar how warranty works. They have to prove that your mod caused the failure.

I bought extended warranty when I bought mine with $100 deductable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.