Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set to pull the trigger on a 2012, when my friend who is very knowledgeable about this stuff informed me that a new 8-speed transmission is coming sometime in the future. What are the odds that the 8-speed will make it into the 2013 SRT8, and is it really worth waiting for?

· Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I dont think the 8 speed is coming this soon

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I don't think you'll see the 8 speed in 13, but who knows. At this point in the year unless you can get an awesome deal on a 12 that's sitting on the lot I would be tempted to wait till June & order a 13.

Jim

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't think you'll see the 8 speed in 13, but who knows. At this point in the year unless you can get an awesome deal on a 12 that's sitting on the lot I would be tempted to wait till June & order a 13.
Hmmm. Definitely food for thought. How soon do you think I would be able to take delivery of a '13? The warranty is up on my Jag in about a month. That's one of the reasons I'm looking to get a new vehicle. I'm also really looking forward to driving something that is actually safe in the snow. :)

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Hmmm. Definitely food for thought. How soon do you think I would be able to take delivery of a '13? The warranty is up on my Jag in about a month. That's one of the reasons I'm looking to get a new vehicle. I'm also really looking forward to driving something that is actually safe in the snow. :)
Hoping they have all the bugs worked out in the ordering/building process by than, which they should. I ordered my 08 the first day you could order one & got it the 14th of August.

Jim

· Registered
467 Posts
A good source on another Jeep website says there will be no changes for 2013 other than perhaps some different colors. This makes perfect sense since they are finally up and running with regular production and I just don't see them switching anything major on the vehicle at this point.

· Registered
333 Posts
i was all set to pull the trigger on a 2012, when my friend who is very knowledgeable about this stuff informed me that a new 8-speed transmission is coming sometime in the future. what are the odds that the 8-speed will make it into the 2013 srt8, and is it really worth waiting for?
0%..........

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys! It sounds like there isn't much of a reason to wait. I'll probably get a better deal on a 2012 than a 2013 anyway.

I'll actually be at the Chicago Auto Show this Saturday. I'm looking forward to checking out the truck and talking to the reps there. I'm guessing that even if they have knowledge about what changes may be coming in the 2013 model, they aren't allowed to say anything.

· Registered
425 Posts
There might be a 9 speed dual clutch by 2016, should probably wait for that.

Didn't you hear about anti-gravitational lifting pods in 2020?

...or a flux capacitor in 2021?........I would definately wait for that!:)

· Registered
69 Posts
I am tired of losing the battle of waiting for the latest and greatest. So I started to enjoy things now, and it is working out.

I promise after a day or two with the jeep, you will realize a stereo head unit means nothing. And yes maybe another gear would be nicer, but then you will be shifting twice to reach 60. I have found some little quirks with mine, but have not thought twice about my decision.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I am tired of losing the battle of waiting for the latest and greatest. So I started to enjoy things now, and it is working out.

I promise after a day or two with the jeep, you will realize a stereo head unit means nothing. And yes maybe another gear would be nicer, but then you will be shifting twice to reach 60. I have found some little quirks with mine, but have not thought twice about my decision.
True that. I don't mind the nav in there. Works great for me. The 5 speed is fine as well. I beat the crap out of my WK1 and the tranny took the abuse. So I know the same tranny in the WK2 will be up to the challenge ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I was at the Chicago Auto Show last weekend, and now I am just dying to buy one. What a beauty! I was also shocked by how much roomier the new model is. I am 6' 3", and even after getting comfortable, there was still plenty of legroom in the seat behind me. My buddy has an '09, and it always seemed very cramped in the back.

The interior is REALLY nice. My only complaint at all was that the Jeep doesn't have that kickass huge nav screen like in the 300. I forgot to ask the guy there what changes were in store for the 2013 model. The only thing I really talked to him about was the transmission, and he confirmed that the SRTs wilk not be getting the 8-speed anytime soon. :(

· Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
Unless it comes out of REsumeSpeed's mouth, don't believe it.

· Registered
467 Posts
The interior is REALLY nice. My only complaint at all was that the Jeep doesn't have that kickass huge nav screen like in the 300. I forgot to ask the guy there what changes were in store for the 2013 model. The only thing I really talked to him about was the transmission, and he confirmed that the SRTs wilk not be getting the 8-speed anytime soon. :(

You know I was just in a new 300 and the nav screen was too big. For me it took away from the dash, it was just so damn big it was all you could look at. I didn't care for it.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I don't have time to look at the nav screen...

When I'm using my iPad lol

But seriously, there is enough room to fab something for an iPad in the center console. I'll take that over the Nav.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.