Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a short antenna but everytime a forum member puts one up, it is gone within the hour. I'm always late! I was trying to find a vendor on here who sells them brand new but am having no luck. Anyone know which specific vendor carries them? Also, is there anything wrong with the ones off ebay? They have them for like $15 but i'd rather not pay for something that won't work properly. Thanks guys!

-Jerrin

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Can you post a link to the one your talking about (ebay)?
The shorter the antenna the weaker the signal gets.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
i have that antenna. it doesnt get good reception. I listen to sirius 99% of the time, so i wasnt too concerned about the functionality. but i like the way it looked. mine is silver and CF. i paid less for it on amazon though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I didn't care to spend a great deal of money on an antenna so I went to the local parts store (O' O' O' xxxxx's -- don't know the rule on posting non vendors :) ) but they had a thin metal one like millers posted above, and a rubber one, both black. I opted for the rubber one. It does the job, didn't notice any degradation in reception, looks much better than the factory satellite dish.

I think I payed like 5 bucks and installed it in the parking lot. You can kind of see it in this picture:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Millers_srt - Just purchased the link you supplied. One more question...is the antenna only meant for the radio? Does the sirius work off a different antenna (the one's on top of the car, i have two up there) Because if the sole purpose of the hood antenna is for the radio, i could honestly care less how good the reception is because i very rarely listen to the radio. Thanks for all your help guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this a thread resurrection, but I've recently purchased both the "Stubby" antenna from CravenSpeed and an ebay 8" long "Short Billet Antenna". I returned the Stubby as the ebay 8" was significantly better with reception. I work about 80 miles north of NYC and with the Stubby I received basically no reception from NYC channels AM/FM nor any local (albeit weaker) channels. With the ebay 8" antenna I got at least usable reception. IMHO, the ebay 8" is the way to go. It's short, strong and provides at least usable reception.

I figured I'd just post in case someone else wanted to try the "Stubby". It looks better, but the reception is weak.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is what I bought on eBay, it's a VMS .50 cal bullet antenna. I got it for the looks not for the reception (which is not that bad) I really don't listen to the radio that much. I think it looks nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts