Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 SRT with stage 1 heads and intake along with a stage 2 cam from hhp along with the kooks longtubes Mopar CAI 180 thermostat and a stage 2 valve body for the trans.
I am and enlisted member of our glorious armed forces so big ticket install and projects are rare. so the question is... Would it be beneficial for me to wait for the D1SC procharger till I have my forged short block or would it be safe to run the D1SC for a while till I can accumulate the funding. Overall goal is hhp forged 370 short block using my heads and intake low compression max maybe 12 lbs of boost. I know I will eventually need to invest in the transmission aside from the upgraded valve body. Just looking for suggestions on shortblock first or procharger even though shortblock is the more obvious answer...

·
Registered
739 Posts
You'll be fine on the stock block. I have full bolt-on's and I run it every day seeing 9lb pk boost.
My first one had the same thing on the stock trans and it saw 11lb (no headers)

So yea... jump on it man. Just do yourself a favor and put a walbro400 in instead of a boost-a-pump.

Reactions: kazaam

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
You'll be fine on the stock block. I have full bolt-on's and I run it every day seeing 9lb pk boost.
My first one had the same thing on the stock trans and it saw 11lb (no headers)

So yea... jump on it man. Just do yourself a favor and put a walbro400 in instead of a boost-a-pump.
Strongly agree with that statement my BAP was a pain in the arse!.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
personally I would do engine/trans/stall at once and then add boost once its all running good. if you boost first and something breaks and you don't have the funds it will be sitting for a while.

·
Registered
739 Posts
How does that make any sense? Why buy 2 blowers??? If you're going to go with the f1, do it up front with a bov...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.