Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, finding a good and honest mechanic, especially in Vegas, is tough. I've come across one here I want to warn others to not do business with. Revolution Works, or he might use Revolution Race Works, is not an honest shop and I'm still trying to recover some of my money back.

I took my 02 TA in to have him fix the idle. It had been to a couple shops already, that couldn't figure it out. it's a cam/heads/header LS1, that runs like a beast but won't idle for crap. Anyway, he says he's a "real mechanic, not just a tuner" and he can fix it. After a few weeks he finally tells me it's the fuel pump. I don't think so, but agree to the work as no one else had any ideas but the tune (been tuned several times). Says it's a big job (3 - 4 hundred). After 2 months I finally go get it and he charges me $2,500! Says he had a lot of time in diagnosing the car. What's worse it still runs like sh!t. Dies right there several times. He says it ran great for him, he'd been driving it everywhere for days. I also see and point out that someone had been running the crap out of it, more specifically burning up my brand new NT05r tires. There was rubber caked on the wheel wells and fender! He says, "well we had to see how it launches." He asks that I take it home and see how it goes over the weekend (its Friday night) and give him a call first thing Monday. You know how this story ends. It runs like crap, exactly like it was before he got it and he wouldn't return my calls. I'm going into the small claims process now.

I’m sharing this here because he says he plans to work on Jeeps too (saw mine) and I know a few local members here might know him or find him through other means and go into project with him blind. I’m normally a pretty good judge of character and frankly, I liked the guy. We talked cars for a long time. I was very surprised how this turned out. I don’t want to see this happen to anyone else.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Thread moved to the Product/Vendor & Buyer/Seller Reviews forum. If you care to elaborate more please feel free rather than through PM as this is intended to be informative and others will be able to make informed decisions.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do and thanks. I wasn't sure how much detail to provide.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
You can tell us the details of your experience with the vendor, what went wrong and what if anything was done for resolution. I assume nothing was done.

Bernie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts