Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if there is a significant change when shifting from D to 5th or is it the same thing? Is there a link somewhere that states what speeds at certain RPMs? at 80MPH the car is at 3k RPMS. Is that right?

When you ride in D and click it to 5th, should it shift? Visa, Versa? Thanks.

Edit: Just read online that 3k at 80MPH is normal? This thing needs a 6th gear. True?

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Yes at 80 its at 3k rpm

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
All part of the gearing. D and 5th are the same gear. 80mph at 3k is normal.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
2 Posts
D means the trans could be in any gear... It just means the car will shift automatically between any of the 5 gears. If your sitting still in D, Your most likely in 1st gear.

I was wondering if there is a significant change when shifting from D to 5th or is it the same thing? Is there a link somewhere that states what speeds at certain RPMs? at 80MPH the car is at 3k RPMS. Is that right?

When you ride in D and click it to 5th, should it shift? Visa, Versa? Thanks.

Edit: Just read online that 3k at 80MPH is normal? This thing needs a 6th gear. True?

·
Registered
418 Posts
D means the trans could be in any gear... It just means the car will shift automatically between any of the 5 gears. If your sitting still in D, Your most likely in 1st gear.
I am pretty sure he is trying to ask what the difference is between auto-stick in 5th and just regular D at 80 mph, NOT what being in D means.

as most people mentioned 5th in auto-stick and being in just plain D at 80 mph, you will still be at 3k rpm. It all comes down to gearing, its the same for both auto and auto-stick abviously. The whole point for the auto-stick is so you can controll your shifting point not lower your RPM's at cruising speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts