Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did these three mods last week. I didn't hate the stock shift knob,
just tired of it and wanted a little bling and better fit. This black n polished knob,
has a screw cap for hiding ......?
The E-brake I saw on here a few weeks back and thought it was awesome,
for us 06-07 guys.
The arm rest i'm liken as its got an extra 1/2" of dense foam and
is super comfy. It bulges forward to much, easy fix though.

Peace, Happy new year srt brotha's n sista's

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sweet. I'm dying to do the e-brake upgrade but taking the seats out,.... Seems like such a pain!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No need to remove seats, just center console under two hours total. Use your existing
cable, not the new one that comes attached. It was about $120. shipped.
The ebay knob was under $20. and the emergency cash storage was the seller for me,
over a few others. You'll need to drill out the mid section so the knob will go all the way
down and be rock solid. The arm rest cost me $140. I didn't ask but I think it could be
done under $100. He gave me some bs about ordering chrysler red stitching.

Attachments

Reactions: TCZ

·
Registered
532 Posts
Cool. Wasn't sure you could use the existing cable. Officially added to my mod list!

Cheers

·
Registered
810 Posts
Great interior mode, looks good! I prefer a metal shifter over a plastic any day...
Here's the one I did on my jeep....Classic Hurst ball tapped to a BT shifter sleeve...
Took all of 30mins to complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great interior mode, looks good! I prefer a metal shifter over a plastic any day...
Here's the one I did on my jeep....Classic Hurst ball tapped to a BT shifter sleeve...
Looks very good, Sir. How do i remove the OEM one so i may try this?

·
Registered
810 Posts
If I remember correctly, you turn to release the pressure lock and just pull straight up and off....not sure if its left or right on the turn...its been awhile since I did mine.

·
Registered
665 Posts
If I remember correctly, you turn to release the pressure lock and just pull straight up and off....not sure if its left or right on the turn...its been awhile since I did mine.
1/4 turn counter clockwise then put a flathead screwdriver to push the ring down . Then pull up on the knob some are harder then others .

Reactions: rjampi

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I been looking to do this to my Jeep , anyone have any leads to this ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.