Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully somebody here can help me.....I have a 2020 Grand Cherokee SRT (6.4L not the trackhawk). I started getting "service FCW, ACC and ESC" all at the same time. It started as a sporadic issue and hard to duplicate, but now it's becoming a daily issue. When these errors come on, it feels as if the rear differential disengages...I'm assuming it's because of the stability control issue. It's damn near impossible to back into my parking spot and I really have to be on the throttle to make a tight turn. I've cleaned the front sensor for the FCW/ACC so that's not the issue. I disconnected the battery and let it reset...still hasn't fixed the issue. All the grounds appear to be tight and intact, but I feel like it has to be a bad ground somewhere. I'm not able to get any codes when I scan it, so I guess my scanner is useless. If you guys have any tips before going to the dealer, let me know please.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Battery issue or a serious problem either way go to the dealer your still covered under warrenty

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery issue or a serious problem either way go to the dealer your still covered under warrenty
I was literally just posting an update on here when you responded, odd haha. So I went to the dealer and they originally said the camera for adaptive cruise control needed to be calibrated ( I think they were just swinging for the fence and had no idea). They said it was good for me to pick up, however as soon as I started the jeep the lights came right back on. So they scanned codes again and now have a code for the transfer case clutch being worn. Seems like a weird turn of events but I saw the code with my own eyes. The jeep has 24k miles on it and I don’t abuse it...at least not too bad anyway. It’s currently at the dealer waiting for warranty clearance and going from there

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow that sucks hopefully they replace it with out any issues
They officially cleared it under warranty, currently waiting parts for the whole new transfer case. So now I have another question for you and it's about to get way more wild...So the full back story is that I also have the jeep built up through stage 2> bigger throttle body, ported intake manifold, CAI, hellcat lifters, machined heads, kooks long tubes, bigger cam, no cats, borla exhaust, new PCM with tune (yeah the dealer hooked me up with the warranty under the table lmao). So I put down about 500 HP and just shy of 500 ft/lbs TQ to the wheels on the dyno. Is this enough of a gain that could be shredding my tranny and transfer case or should I be okay? I'm thinking if it happens again then I'm going to have to get a built up transfer case.

·
Registered
204 Posts
They officially cleared it under warranty, currently waiting parts for the whole new transfer case. So now I have another question for you and it's about to get way more wild...So the full back story is that I also have the jeep built up through stage 2> bigger throttle body, ported intake manifold, CAI, hellcat lifters, machined heads, kooks long tubes, bigger cam, no cats, borla exhaust, new PCM with tune (yeah the dealer hooked me up with the warranty under the table lmao). So I put down about 500 HP and just shy of 500 ft/lbs TQ to the wheels on the dyno. Is this enough of a gain that could be shredding my tranny and transfer case or should I be okay? I'm thinking if it happens again then I'm going to have to get a built up transfer case. View attachment 230496
I'm glad the dealer worked it out for you. Speaking from experience back in 2015 I had one of the first fully build 426 from HHP in my 2014 stock trans stock T-case i had issues popping out of gear and the truck felt lost in normal drive mode but in sport or track it was great. trans tuning wasn't available at the time. what tuner are you using is your trans tuned?
I think you're fine at 500 I'm shocked you made 500 to the wheels your ZF transmission 8HP70 is rated for 700hp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad the dealer worked it out for you. Speaking from experience back in 2015 I had one of the first fully build 426 from HHP in my 2014 stock trans stock T-case i had issues popping out of gear and the truck felt lost in normal drive mode but in sport or track it was great. trans tuning wasn't available at the time. what tuner are you using is your trans tuned?
I think you're fine at 500 I'm shocked you made 500 to the wheels your ZF transmission 8HP70 is rated for 700hp.
Had it done by SRT autoworks in arizona. They said it was the most power they’ve seen from the 6.4L with that type of build. Pretty impressed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts